Wednesday, February 27, 2008

New diversions...

So today it wasn't castle websites (though I think I'll be revisiting that fixation) but I was totally OBSESSED with this absolutely marvelous flickr set. I checked out every single illustrator, from Anderson to Woods . To add a bit of visual stimuli to my blog (that it has been lacking for the past few days) I will post an example here. I couldn't say it's my fave (though I like it lots), I mean there's such an abundance of great work offered up in that collection, I find it's absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to pick a fave.

My shoulders & upper arms are sore as hell today. Now, this would be from last night's pushing efforts in the group project of getting my car unstuck at the bottom of the driveway. It was a damnable pain in the ass that I got stuck and it irked me even more that I couldn't get unstuck without help. My LANDLORD and his daughter came out and assisted me. DRAT and CURSES. I try sooo hard to keep a very laissez faire arrangement with these people and having them help me dislodge my car from a snowbank mucks said arrangement up a bit. Look I KNOW that sounds ungrateful and maladjusted. But I just don't want the landlord fam to think we're great chums. I am as fastidious about safeguarding my privacy as I would be if I had anything going on that warranted such stringent privacy (but I just don't presently..) And I 'spose I'm also wanting to maintain that aura of mystery that I so alluringly exude..... haa.

Anyways the ultra-abridged version of the whole ordeal is that I arrived home at 7:45pm but didn't wind up going inside until 9:15. Even with 3 people & nearly 2hrs labor, the best we were able to do is to get the car halfway up the drive and off to the left side (which was at least a safe place to park it). Getting it into the garage was an utter impossibility.

Oh.. I failed to mention earlier that today I faxed the resume (I am thinking -belatedly - that perhaps I should've had the rag inspected by a pro of some sorts before I commenced faxing it all over the Upper Valley but ohhh fuckin' well!) to 2 different companies today and emailed it (along with "letter of interest") to another (a law firm..wooo!) I feel compelled to give a quickie progress report on the job hunt front...particularly after blathering on about all this unconstructive flickr browsing I'm doing. I am not slacking off *all* day. On the other hand, I am not CONSTANTLY& TOTALLY immersing myself in the hunt like I should. But I do make myself apply to at least 3 companies daily before I permit myself to piss away the rest of the day. Oh, and yeah, I do a smattering of work every now and then. But truthfully, my already middling work ethic has waned considerably since my job's been eliminated and I can't say as I'm all that guilt-ridden about it. I was talking 'bout this w/ Robin today (via IM banter) and she said "What's the worst that could happen? They keep your "stay bonus' ?" Which was a weird and slightly dumb thing to say, as "what's the worst that could happen.." should precede a not all that unfortunate consequence. Which is not to say a fortunate consequence...just something that is mildly bad. But ahh..if my "stay bonus" was withheld it would be quite beyond mildly bad!! It *WOULD* be the worst that could happen...for them! If "the Man" absconded with my stay bonus...I would haunt them..like uhh..haunt them ....{ahh gee lemme think}..like some murdered chap in a Poe story!! It would be a relentless and FEROCIOUS haunting, I assure youse. Oh, heeey , if that literary point of reference doesn't do it for ya, think o' me as THIS GUY....

No comments: