Monday, February 11, 2008

A few posts back , I got to wondering about who would be "playing"KITT in this abysmal looking NBC Knight Rider revival. I finished my ramblings with a promise to figure out via IMDB just who was voicing the dream car. Well, although I did hasten to IMDB, as I said I would, I never reported back. That's because I read that KITT was to be voiced by Will Arnett. I don't actively dislike Will Arnett but...mehh. I thought those findings to be un-blog-worthy.

However , I read this morning that there has been a sudden, after-the-fact KITT recast (it's as if they heard my "mehh" reaction...but actually it was a conflict of interest snafu, that you'd think would have been foreseeable at the outset of this project) This news has got me somewhat excited now for what, I'm sure, is still an insipid piece of dreck. I'm pretty curious as to why he stooped to doing this... I mean it does seem like stooping, does it not? 'Tis a puzzling career choice. Perhaps this is leverage for something better OR maybe Kilmer made NBC dish out beaucoup moolah to his top charity (apt to be the New Mexico National Parks Dept or something akin to that).

No comments: