Tuesday, February 19, 2008

FuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuCK

What a lousy fucking morning.



Let me share with you a letter bestowed upon me in a meeting this morning...


First off, you'll notice-- if you have superhuman attention to detail--that this letter is dated 2002. Brilliant. And although I have blocked out the last name of the executioner here, you're going to have to take my word for it that her last name was misspelled in the header. I mean I have an innate tendency to focus in on grammatic faux pas, but these particular errors irk me exceedingly. I mean, it's nice to know they went to such exhaustive ends to proofread this letter(...she sniped sardonically). It shows you just how important they think it is. It shows you...that I work for morons. WHY do I work for morons? Why have I worked here for this long? To get a g.d. watch?

I'm not 100% disappointed. Which is not to say I'm fucking ELATED about it either. I mean, I can see how, ultimately, this may shake down to be a positive turn of events. But I'm not going to commence feeling warm & fuzzy until I come out the other end of the proverbial tunnel...with a job (ideally a BETTER PAYING JOB).

This was no surprise. When we were hired on we were forewarned of this possibility. So it's been 5 yrs of waiting for this guillotine blade to fall. You half-expect it all the time, but you push it to the back of your mind. So it did..I don't know...it startled me. But it wasn't--for any of us-- a shock. As soon as I walked in this morning's meeting, and saw HR presence there my little inner Sandra said "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck" I knew this was it. The blade was dropping.

I get a $2000 bonus to stay on this ship until it's fully sunk. You can bet your shiny heiny I WILL avail myself of that. I'll be a faithful rat right 'til the end. I'm out for every red cent I can glean from this company. Even the once-red ones that are tarnished and sticky with gunk.

They say the transition is going to take up to 60 days. That's 60days to find a new gig...work on my blasted resume. I DETEST resume writing. Pardon my being tiresome, but it bears reiteration: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Ugggh...this day is making me queasy.

1 comment:

Rob said...

I'm SO sorry to hear about it. If it makes you feel better, I was laid off last August and now have a job that's a ton better than my old one. So you'll get a better gig.

And if you want any advice or just want to vent, shoot me an e-mail (you should have the address -- but Kara does if you don't).

Rob :)