Tuesday, February 12, 2008

more purchases..

Lemme say at the outset of this post, that you are fully justified in not giving a shit. I'm getting in to real minutiae here....

I've had a touch of a sore throat this afternoon. Just on the right side, actually. Does that signal swollen glands? Anyways... in lieu of a lozenge I thought a beverage might help matters. My best pick in the cafeteria vending machine looked to be chocolate milk. So as I walk back to my desk with my Shamrock Farms brand 12 fl oz reduced fat chocolate milk, my anticipation builds. Yep, Sanny, affirms my interior monologue, That's the ticket there. Uhh HUH. Cooold chocky milky--this'll be JUST the thing. Ohh yeaaah.


But THEN... I am confronted with this utter BASTARD of a foil seal. I have availed myself of many bottled chocolate milks of varied brands in my day, and NEVER have I encountered so stubborn a foil seal!! I was not immediately vexed.. but after it resisted peeling off by my fingers and then would not be plied off by my teeth (which, by the way, OUCH) then I was miffed. I summoned my inner evolved primate and sought out what is called a tool. My scissors were handy, and because I was worked up into such a frenzy I brandished them blades like I was Norm Bates in full drag.


So yeah...this is ultimately a sort of PSA. If you ever come across Shamrock Farms brand 12 fl oz. milk and happen to purchase aforesaid milk....well just prepare yourself for the struggle of your life.


I think that obdurate seal might have something to do with this milk's INSANE sell by date. This milk has a 3/24/08 sell by date. Does that seem peculiar to anyone but me??

No comments: