Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I feel like all I've done today is urinate and look at castle websites.

Y'see I bought this fab bargain book at Borders-- Castles, Palaces & Stately Houses of Britain & Ireland and one of its appendices has "Property Listings" wherein they list mailing addresses of all the featured palaces/manors and also, where applicable, their webpage URL. Most of these places are online, I was pleased to discover. For instance, Robin and I (yes, I coerced me mates into joining in on the work avoidance...I am SUCH a corruptive influence) were planning our hypothetical weddings at Chatsworth ..I tell ya..gonna be damned bee-yooo-tiful once the matter of the groom is decided upon.

Some absolutely gorgeous digs in the book. Also, I find it SO elegant how it seems that every residence just had to have a name. When that as-yet-undetermined groom builds me a magnificent home, I assure you we WILL slap a name on that casa.

I did manage to make an appointment for an eye exam today . And I scheduled an interview...I guess it's an interview...with this employment agency for this Friday. Robin recommended these guys highly (her friend works there , plus it's how she got her current gig) but it feels a bit like I'm allying myself with pimps. The dame on the phone said I should allow up to 2 hrs for their "evaluation & screening process". Robin said I'll probably be doing a typing test, proofreading test....and doing some alphabetizing. Daaaamn-- who is the sorry nimrod who botches an alphabetizing test?? Also I have to bring TWO FORMS of ID. Damned inconvenient, that. My license is always at the ready, but for my other form...umm... well, I think I might know where my birth certificate is. As for the whereabouts of my SS card..beats the hell outta me. Y'know, I think that if you're reputable, and more or less on the "up & up" then you shouldn't have to be bothered with keeping all that sheize in order. I mean, it's not as if "The MAN" ain't got a dossier on you, right? (Governmental MAN in this instance, not Corporate MAN...though it's true of both I suppose) Seems to me like my maintaining the paperwork is just a duplication of efforts. Ugh, life is all gunked up with excess bureaucracy, ain't it? Siiigh.

Anyways, Stacy (who scheduled my "evaluation & screening process")didn't say anything about bringing a urine sample, but I might, just to be sure all o' my bases are covered, bring along a pint of my finest vintage in a tightly tightly sealed Mason jar. Would it not be the utter height of hilarity to float 3 or 4 Ramen noodles in there?

No comments: