Friday, February 22, 2008

free lunch!!

Because we passed on dinner with Nance on Tuesday night, the company thought they'd pick up our lunch tab. Lisa sent out the email yesterday soliciting ideas of where to order from. I suggested the very priciest restaurant I could think of. If the company wants to assuage their ill conscience via free lunch, then they're going to have to shill out copious moolah, beeeyotch.


Except....nobody took my suggestion seriously so we ended up with The Ninety Nine. Here's the email from this a.m.---





Wooh, SHIT! I just reread that and I must really be despondent. I am not usually a big typo offender but I spotted 2 GLARING errors in my response email. Guess I'm all outta sorts.


It kind of irked me how it was stipulated that we order off the "Lunch Break menu" Heaven forfend we get *too* expensive!! I mean, it's @#%$^ing Ninety Nine...how much damage can we do?? But whatev. My fish & chips was scrumdiddlyumptious. Except it was a bit on the skimpy side...I coulda put down about 3X that much schrod. (yeeesh..sounds smutty!)


Believe it or not, I'm in a nicer & slightly less petulant mood today. I wrote a chipper thank-you-for-lunch email (to Maggie, NOT Nance) and have been doing much less sulky. I think the improvement can be partially attributed to the fact that I fully got my ass in gear on the job hunt front. I finished up my resume and my references page, and faxed the resume to 2 different businesses and a job placement agency.


I have absolutely NADA planned for this weekend. I wish my Wives & Daughters DVD set (the replacement) would come in unexpectedly early. It would be a PRIMO weekend for mini-series watching as there is nothing on the itinerary. Plus, I'm reluctant to plan anything that may involve $$. I'm feeling it may be wise to squirrel some "nuts" away for what might be a loooong winter.


That means I need to save money. Oh damn. I'd thought it would seem less abhorrent if I used a cutesy woodland creature euphemism when mentioning it. Didn't work. Fuuuuuck...

No comments: