Sunday, May 10, 2009

when I have a spare 15 hours. . .

In past posts, (or at least one that I can think of) I have shared my curiosity over the late 60s Brit series The Prisoner. The premise (read the 1st paragraph of THIS article, I'm too pooped to type it all out) has always intrigued the hell out of me. .. the whole thing seemed so kooky that I couldn't help but love it. I have long been toying with the idea of buying the complete series but the cheapest price I can find on that DVD set is approx. $50. That's too much moolah for me to shill out on a hunch. I mean, it seems like totally my bag, but I've never actually seen an episode.

Well, I just discovered that AMC has the entire series on their website!! This is undoubtedly to lure people into watching the remake of the show that AMC is soon launching (which I will probably skip, thanks anyway) But what a find! All 17 episodes--full length!! Huzzah!!

Now if only I could find Dark Shadows online (which I'm sure would be much, MUCH trickier to find in its entirety-- The Prisoner only ran for 17 eps, whereas DS was ??# of episodes and ran for 5years.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The following site has some of the Dark Shadow episodes http://horrorclassics.lefora.com/2009/02/28/dark-shadows-1966-2/page1/

Sandra said...

Thanks!!