Saturday, May 30, 2009

more frippery

I had $10. gift card to blow in Borders--- a by-product of my overspending the last time I went there (they had this "spend $50--get a $10 gift card" promo that I was powerless to resist) I used it on magazines. I opted for magazines because...well, as much I love reading 'em they always feel like a big fat waste o' $$ to purchase. That feeling is much alleviated by buying mags and not spend one single cent on them.

I bought an issue of ReadyMade magazine and the June issue of InStyle.

On page 56 of InStyle (read along with me now, if you've got that issue..."WHEN YOU HEAR THE CHIMES--TURN THE PAGE") in the "what's NOW!" article they feature this bracelet which I nearly drooled on its photo I was so besotted by it. The InStyle photo is actually better that the shots on the winifred grace website. But perusing that site, I found that there's actually a lot of winifred grace jewelry I could go for. But $380. for a bracelet?? I could never!! I would never!! Welll....I suppose I would...in this alternate reality where I'm at my dream income level (obscenely rich). And gosh, I really should be raking in beaucoup $$ like that, because I could squander it ever so stylishly...

Also I want to try Cover Girl lip stain . That one actually has a good shot at becoming a reality. Hey, I may be a li'l strapped for cash, but I can afford $8. (well after next pay day I can...)

No comments: