Saturday, May 30, 2009

In the Health & Beauty aisle. . .

...whyever wouldn't Beauty have its own aisle, I ask you? I find make-up sort of thrilling --Hamlet might not have had anything good to say about it, but I'm a fan. It's fun, it's creative, at times I affectionately refer to it as "war paint". And other primping accoutrement-- hair mousse, perfume, et al... all delightful. However, nothing diminishes that delight like looking across the aisle and spying tubes of Preparation H or Depends or hernia trusses.

Anyways, have you ever bought something with the words "Limited Edition!" proclaimed on the packaging and you wound up loving it soooo much that you felt strongly compelled to stockpile it, despite the fact that you strongly suspect the whole "Limited Edition" label is only a ruse to incite just that stockpiling behavior?? Well, I haven't really commenced stockpiling Softlips Pearl but I did buy a 2nd one tonight, even though I'm not even a third of the way thru the first one I got. I'm pretty apt to misplace mine, or, as summer draws near, I'm sadly prone to leaving makeup in my car and having it melt. So I needed a back up Softlips Pearl. I considered, for a moment, buying 2 tonight, but I restrained. Thus far, I've only spied it at Walgreens and it's kind of a pisser that you can't get it on its own, it's packaged with a bonus Softlips Vanilla which I have no interest at all in.

Another beauty product that I gotta slap my seal of approval on is Got2Be Fattastic Thickening Hairspray. Good shit.

No comments: