Monday, May 18, 2009

movie blather

Everyday--if I get a sec-- I skim over the daily entertainment news sidebar on the home page of IMDB . Today they ran a story about Jamie Foxx being considered to play (wait for it) FRANK SINATRA in Martin Scorcese's biopic (due out 2011) Yeeeeah, it made me utter Scooby Doo’s WTF noise (you know the one I mean, don’t try to make me work it out onomatopoeiacally!!) Gotta be a belated April Fool’s joke…RIGHT?? Well, it's been several hours since I read that ( I SWEAR I did not hallucinate it!!) and now when I just tried to link to the news story...it's mysteriously VANISHED!! I think IMDB is trying to "gaslight" me...

IMDB also featured a little article about some dude that played Capt. Kirk’s padre in the new Star Trek movie (this article's still there, check for yo'self!!). I was struck by how very much this dude resembles Chris Pine (I'd say he's actually a smidge cuter… at least his IMDB profile photos are) Bueno casting, JJ Abrams!! I am thismuch closer to seeing your movie (perhaps at the drive-in??)
Oh, the news item was just that this aforementioned hottie has been cast as Thor in some Thor project that's in the pre-pre-pre-production phases & also he is quite possibly going to be Jed in a Red Dawn remake. That prompted my second quizzical Scoob noise of the day—There is going to be a “Red Dawn” remake??

This Steve Zahn interview made me want to ignore my moderate Anniston aversion and go see Management.

No comments: