Tuesday, May 05, 2009

I CAVED!!

My sister is a new Facebook convert and is mildly obsessed with it. So she's been on my ass for around 2 weeks to join up. Last night I finally buckled. I'm more than a bit disappointed with my resolve (or lack thereof, I should say). And mind you, this is after declaring at a party on Sunday that I was decidedly NOT a facebooker and proud to be the last holdout in North America. So, tell me: what sort of wine goes well with crow?

Hey, Laura can make with the FIERCE peer pressure, OK? Plus, she was raving about all these cool quizzes she was taking and I couldn't resist the lure of : Which Flight Of The Conchords Character are you? (seems I'm Jemaine) or What Color Crayon are You? Well, I've since learned the disheartening truth: that Facebook quizzes are carefully crafted by any random imbecile with their atrocious second grade spelling skills...possibly typing with their right thumbs & left big toes. In short: utterly MORONIC. Oh, equally moronic is the sending people Yankee Candles, and schmoopy anthropomorphic teddy bear snuggles, and drinks. Oh yes.. thanks ever so much for the mojito, perhaps if I'd drank a big pitcher of actual mojitos I could see the value in--well, no scratch that. Even completely pickled, I would find that idiotic.

But surely there is something good about becoming a cyber lemming at long last?? Let's do a li'l pros & cons break down shall we??




Well, wouldja look at that?? My "Pros" list is the longer list. I suppose, in that case, I shall keep an open mind...

No comments: