Thursday, May 07, 2009

Tardy Fashionista

My alarm is set for 7am M-F. Last night, I re-set it for 6:45 am so that would allow me another hit on the ol' snooze button (I'm a snooze button FIEND!) Well, my bladder woke me up at 6am. I'm always kind of thrilled when I wake up a good while before I'm supposed to (at least a half hour) because then I get to enjoy the luxury of going back to bed . That's how much I adore slumber...I know, I know-- I have a problem. Anyways, I was getting back into bed and it suddenly seemed to me that going back to bed for a whole hour was infinitely nicer than just 45 more minutes of sleep so I re-re-set my alarm for 7am. Moral of the story? Don't fuck with your alarm clock that much.
So I woke up with a jolt at 8:25am. Luckily, it wasn't to the sound of the office ringing me, I woke myself up (amazing). Mind you, I'm supposed to start work at 8am and I was a 1/2 hour drive from the office at this point. So I call in, sputter to the receptionist some lame lie about car trouble, but I'm fixed up and now en route wouldja share that info with all pertinent parties please and thank you. I'm not really sure she told anyone because no one mentioned my being late or my make-believe car trouble to me when I got here. Usually when I really do have an issue, everybody is so damn tiresome about bringing it up and making me rehash it. So I'm wondering if the receptionist is the only one who knows I was late this a.m.
Oh, also, right after this phone call, I'm digging through my laundry bag for something to wear (note: I have yet to put in my contacts at this point) and I went with black pants & this sheer Pucci-esque print top. This top requires a camisole underneath it (which you may have surmised from the "sheer" modifier there) which I also grabbed. Or I thought I grabbed. When I went to get dressed, I realized I had grabbed a slip that goes down to my shin (I'm not really a slip sorta person, but this came with this sheer dress that I have jinkies, all this sheer clothing in my wardrobe...one would presume me a harlot if they didn't have the facts of the case!! Maybe it's not a slip but it might be a sheath dress...but I don't think it's meant for wearing on its own..I dunno...anyways, MOVING ON..) I didn't have time to be rummaging about for a cami --you'll recall the morning I had thus far. So --to make a short story long-- I currently have a dress in my pants.
In other style news... I have a hair appointment at 5:30 this evening. I'm SO excited for the coiffure renovations...I've been looking pretty frightfully frightful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm like you, I love the snooze button. I should be at work by 8am too, but I usually roll in around 8:40. Nobody cares. I should also dress up for work, but I don't - and nobody cares. God I love my job now that all the evil people have quit or retired. Woo Hoo!

BTW, didn't you have a big roll around your hips with all that extra slip/dress tucked in? LOL