Thursday, November 30, 2006

Of Grouches and Grinches...

I just spent a chunk of my afternoon redesigning my desktop background & PC color scheme. I regularly undergo this revamping ritual because variety is indeed the spice of life and I wish for this screen that I continually stare at to be visually "spicy" ...and stimulate my eyeballs.

Anyways, I was rather pleased with the job I did and it occured to me to preserve my present 'puter decor on my blog...


Obviously, I'm more enthused about my excellent Oscar shot than that 2nd screen cap, but that one illustrates the lovely palette I've got goin' on for my Menu & Active Title Bar. If only it were a paying career --"Personal PC Aesthetics Coordinator". Oh, and I could moonlight with the animal psychology. That'd be freeeakin' sweet.

It is very uncharacteristic of me, right here on the very cusp of December, to not start in with the holiday themed desktops. I just can't get in to the Christmas spirit yet. It's all tied to my being unable to locate my CD wallet of Christmas tune-age. I am a highly musical person and this lack of holiday tunes is CRIPPLING to the annual emergence of my Yuletide cheer, DAMMIT. Yes, there is holiday music on the radio (online & regular radio) but I have been shunning this, because it upsets me. It makes me think of MY collection of holiday music, which I know is unequivocally the FINEST collection of holiday music in existence, I just don't know WHERE it is!! I have been able to launch my Christmas shopping efforts though, which haven't all been unpleasant drudgery. But I'm just enjoying that on account o' my innate shopping addiction and not from a place of Christmas cheer. OOoooh it's very upsetting. I'm considering a prayer to St Anthony (of Padua, patron saint of lost articles) even if I am worried I'd be received as a fickle Catholic and rotten hypocrite.
I really,really, really, really want my Christmas music!!

No comments: