Friday, December 01, 2006

she's a brick and I'm drowning slowly.....

That is the song I'm listening to right now. Mix of my own making (trk 11). I'm going to list everything on it, because the alternative is talkin' about my dreary diarrhea plagued afternoon, and no thanks, I'd rather NOT. It's been a fucking drag of a Friday, let's just leave it that.

At least you can get a sense of my musical atmosphere. . . .

CD Mix made by yours truly--June 7,2006--
1. Upside Down / Diana Ross
2. Up the Ladder to the Roof / the Supremes (the only Supremes song I really like, BTW. It seems I didn't like Diana Ross with the Supremes and I didn't like the Supremes with Diana Ross. I'm not a great fan of either...although I just bought "The Wiz" recently..haven't watched it yet....did I thoroughly piss away that $5.99?? )
3.Shotgun / Jr Walker & the Allstars
4. Words / the Monkees (though they have a lotta good tunes, this one is my absolute fave Monkees tune. I like it when they let Mickey sing. )
5. Constantinople / They Might be Giants ( why did Constantinople get the works? THAT'S NOBODY'S BUSINESS BUT THE TURKS!! )
6. Float On / Modest Mouse
7. Light & Day / Polyphonic Spree
8. The Promise / When In Rome
9. Nothing Compares 2U / Sinead O' Connor
10. I Miss You / Blink 182 (did the vid for this song win any awards? I thought it was great...very beautiful and artsy and what's more, a total shock from a band whose video trademark had always been STREAKING )
11. Brick / Ben Folds Five
12. Personal Jesus / Depeche Mode
13. Maps / the Yeah Yeah Yeahs
14. I'm Comin' Out / Diana Ross ( I didn't wanna have a big chunk of Diana Ross/Supremes at the beginning of the CD so I put this track elsewhere , but I shouldn't have. The transition from 13 to 14 is...clunky..oy )
15. In My House /Mary Jane Girls ( I think the house in this song is a WHOREHOUSE, if I'm not mistaken )
16. Drop It Like It's Hot / Snoop D.O. DubbaG yo, yo , fo' shizzle (ha)
17. Fug-Gee-La / The Fugees ( Oooh la la la laaa, it's the way that we rock when we doin' our thiiing...)
18. No Woman No Cry / Bob Marley
Forget running away with the circus, I wanna go on tour with these nutjobsjobs !! You will NOT get a job in the music industry with a more figure -flattering wardrobe, I assure you. Plus, with 800+ band members, nobody will notice ONE really crappy, off-key voice (that'd be moi). Hmmm. I have been tiring of cubicle life, that's for sure. I'm considering it! But don't you worry my darlings--I will be sure to pass up the Kool Aid!!

No comments: