Thursday, November 30, 2006

Havin' a whaaaaaale of a time!!


Y'all know I am a dame of many talents. I have discovered a new one today-- I am a total whiz at animal psychology. After reading two articles on this recent Sea World incident I have definitively deduced the root cause of this act of aggression. The key is to be found in this line from the MSNBC write-up of the incident--
" The animal involved in the incident was misidentified in initial reports as Shamu, the show name given to SeaWorld's popular performing orcas."
Now the offending Orca's name is actually Kasatka , and I'll wager she's put up with being called Shamu continually, every day of her 30 year life. Hell yes, that would be frustrating!!
I'm inclined to cut Kasatka some slack on this li'l faux pas. She was just trying to make a point. I am certain she had no homocidal intentions, because if she wanted this trainer dead, the bloke woulda left Sea World in a body bag, I assure you. They aren't called killer whales because they're good at needlepoint. (ha ha!)
It's unlikely that any whale noises were recorded during the incident, but if there was such a recording, and you ran it through the Whale-ese Transmogrifying Doohickeygadget you'd find that, throughout the whole episode, Kasatka was yelling "Say my name, bitch!!"

No comments: