Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Dia De Los Muertos

I am officially irked at my entire local radio community. Yes, I am one of those subversive Luddites that does not subscribe or listen to satellite radio. Furthermore, I am sooooo technologically stunted that I don't even have my CD player installed in my car. So I listen to the radio.

Maybe modern technology is partially to blame here. Could it be that traditional radio stations, convinced that everyone is plugged into their Ipods or listening to Sirius, and that they have lost ALL their listeners, maybe they think then that no one will be disappointed when they fail to play "Monster Mash" and/or "Thriller" for Halloween.

Well I was listening radio community, and I was immensely disappointed. And on MY BIRTHDAY no less ! DaaaaAAAMN IT!!

However I should mention that Q106 somewhat redeemed itself today by playing Led Zeppelin's Heartbreaker during my lunch hour. None of the rest of y'all are off the hook though!!!

My birthday was...uhh, well, it certainly wasn't a bad day, but it was..meh. On the one hand, I'm thinking: "That's just fine. It's okay to have a "meh" birthday. After all, it's tremendously arrogant of you, this notion you foster that the world revolves around it being your birthday." But the other part of me is inordinately bummed that I had a "meh" birthday, since I feel certain that in Oct 2007, at the dawn of my third decade, my talent for having or producing fun will decrease by--at the very least-- 50%. If this suspicion has any validity...well, maybe I should designate 2007 as my year to "make hay while the sun shines"....whatever that might entail.

Today in Mexico is Dia De Los Muertos--"Day of the Dead". Accordingly I am wearing a red do-rag with skulls on it. Now it is COMPLETELY COINCIDENTAL that commemorate Dia De Los Muertos with a skull themed do-rag day fell on the very same day as skip-a-morning-shower-because-you-want-15-more-minutes-of-sleep day.

No comments: