Wednesday, November 15, 2006

foresight and bad nutritional choices

So I've been staking out my friendly neighborhood vending machine (more specifically the one in the cafeteria outside my office) for about a week and a half now. I've been glaring at the D4 slot in particular, where resided a horrid BROWN SUGAR & CINNAMON POP TART. Now it is common knowledge that Brown Sugar & Cinnamon is one of the lowest, most reviled pariahs in PopTartville. In fact, probably the only Tart lower down in the Pop Tart caste system are those funky blue & purple ones they make for kids that even kids don't actually wanna eat. So accordingly no one was buying this BS & C Pop Tart in D4. I certainly didn't want to buy it. YUCK. But I would stare at the Pop Tart daily just the same, as I could see, just behind it, was a STRAWBERRY FROSTED POP TART, which, I don't need to tell y'all is like, the QUEEN of PopTartville. So I was coveting this Strawberry Poptart without any realistic hopes of attaining it. It was kind of a li'l exercise in masochism. I mean, NOBODY, likes Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Pop Tarts, I had imagined it would develop a thick shroud of cobwebs, settle in and tenure itself in D4 long past its 2010 expiration date. Looking at the imprisoned "Queen Tart" I would sometimes consider composing a company-wide email imploring my coworkers to please, somebody, be merciful, buy the Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Pop Tart and take one for the team , FOR THE LOVE OF BENJI!! But then I would sigh, and think "It just wasn't meant to be, Sanny. It just...wasn't (sniff!) meant (sob) to be!!" And then I would sigh again...for emphasis.

So this afternoon, I had dashed out to the caf with the intent to buy peanut M&Ms (nemma-nems as I like to call them...I seem to retain all the cutesy verbal idiosyncrasies that my nieces outgrow...ie: "nemma-nems" and calling meatloaf "MeePo" It 's probably not as cute in me, but whatev) I wasn't even going to brood over D4. But luckily I DID glance that way and....yoooou guessed it! Oh fortuitous denoument! Happy happy joy joy! Yes, Virginia, there IS a Santy Claus-- somebody bought the accursed Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Pop Tart!!! I didn't even want a Pop Tart, but I bought it so that I could hoard it. I could see that behind Strawberry was ANOTHER Brown Sugar & Cinnamon and so if I missed out on seizing this Strawberry it would be another 2 wks before I had another opportunity. And I also got my peanut nemma-nems.

I just wanted to check in for the sake of being blog-diligent, but reeeally not much to report as of late. Hence a whopping 2 paragraphs on Pop Tarts....

Sorry chums...

1 comment:

Kara said...

Brown Sugar and Cinnamon pop tarts are my favorite.. We should peruse the vending machines together and we would both be happy.. Although I do hope no one buys the pop tart ever since you've been so insulting to the brown sugar and cinnamon. Comparing it to the sugary kid ones? Sandra.. what's happened to you?