Monday, November 13, 2006

Makin' Whoopi

In celebrity birthday news, it's Whoopi Goldberg's birthday today... can you believe this chick is 51??? Seriously, I thought she was at least 5 yrs older than that. Honestly, I am not much of a Whoopi fan...I never enjoyed the Oscars on the years she hosted and I was sickened by her audacity to make herself perpetual center square back when she was producing Hollywood Squares. But nonetheless, her birthday caught my attention...initially because I'm astounded that she's that young. And then it moved me to wonder....was it ever explained just what the hell happened to her eyebrows?? If it's some genetic fluke and she was, like, born sans brows, than I don't want to dwell on it really (that would be callous of me). But if she deliberately & permanently rid herself of her eyebrows ...I want to know how she did it. I have no intention to get rid of my eyebrows entirely, but there's a bit of upper brow growth, some sub-brow growth and a wee faint bit of between the brows hairiness that I have to keep in check with periodic tweezings. But tweezing's a bitch...I'm definitely open to alternatives. Maybe I will write to Whoopi. I imagine her fan mail is pretty scarce, I bet she'd be stoked to get my letter.

In awesome celebrity birthdays, we have Gerard Butler turning 37 today. He's not quite A-list yet, but I do find him terribly foxy AND he has a Scottish accent (tremendous bonus there....most likely a by-product of him actually being from Scotland) .

This weekend was fairly sucky. My poor niecey Lucy had to get stitches in her face on Saturday. She had grabbed one of Chloe's snow globes and slipped with it (feet clad in slippery tights on the hardwood floor) and her face fell into the broken glass. If the cuts do scar after her stitches come out, it won't be all that bad, because ultimately the 2 cuts (cheek and lip) weren't too sizable, but I guess it gushed lots of blood when it happened. And Laura said it was even scarier when they had to put her under to do the stitches-- they had to stick her with a HUGE needle and give her oxygen and all that. But to put a Pollyanna spin on the whole situation, she IS quite lucky that she didn't get any glass bits in her eyes or mouth.

Well, nothing makes up for a shitty weekend and a drab Monday back in the office like droppin' some moolah frivolously at Borders. So that is what I am going to do rrrrright NOW. Ciao bella donkeykong!!

No comments: