Tuesday, July 17, 2007

ZZzzzzz

Kind of a dullsville Tuesday, I gotsta say. Although I post the fact half-reluctantly.... I feel like complaining of boredom, quietude, and/or uneventfulness may have the power to invoke calamity through jinx-magic. I don't want that. Let the record show that I DO NOT want calamity.

I am trying to come up with a new desktop scheme. I am really stuck on this new opera CD I just got and I want something with that sort of vibe. So, I have been poring over Pre-Raphaelite paintings & literary illustrations...I'm looking for something beautiful & dramatic, y'know??

I'm digging the works of Emma Florence Harrison , but am having a tough time finding a large, hi-res image to snag. Here are two that I think are neat-o...(just two of MANY)



generally I much prefer stuff in color, but some of her B&W illustrations of Rosetti poems are terrific. This one, for example--



Yeah, that's kind of SEVERELY BLEAK but I like it anyways.


Also neat is the work of Katherine Cameron but I can find next to nothing on her... She has a rather sizable section on nocloo (where I stole the below pic from) but she seems to be utterly obscure otherwise..






And I just today stumbled onto the work of Heinrich Lefler, whose stuff is amazing. I'll toss one of his pics here, but I also recommend checking out his stuff on allposters (and I further recommend you buy me some, 'kay??)





Derek Collard was an interesting new discovery too.

Sorry for this posting being so pic-filled and lacking in any info/ news/ wit/wisdom etc. etc. Please forgive me!! If I conjured up calamity earlier with my "What a DULL Tuesday" whining, then surely I will have stuff to post about tomorrow!! But let's hope not... anyways, I shall post tomorrow--calamity or no, and will try to come up with something substantial-ish to say!!

No comments: