Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Purveyors of the Practical & Hard to Find...

I had to pay for my Taco Bell lunch with my debit card today. Which strikes me as lame...not having $5.62 in cash on my person. But I suppose the lamer payment possibility would be 5 rolls of pennies, a quarter, 3dimes, a nickel and 2 pennies. On their part, it was lame that I had to sign for it. You don't have to sign anything using your debit at the McDonald's drivethru. WTF?? And then, when trying to hand the signed slip, pen & mini clipboard back to her, I sorta stabbed her in the hand with the pen a li'l bit, in my haste to get my elegant signature out of the rain. It was the cap end of the pen, and I didn't wound her, so I am NOT banned from Taco Bell. Although that might not be such a bad thing...


I watched 2 1/2 hrs of Kathy Griffin on Bravo last night. I adore her. I like how she's single this season and she can just command her people ("Team Kathy") to arrange dates for her. That's probably pretty run-of-the-mill in that town, but it rather amuses a regular schmoe like yours truly.I was thinking she should’ve pounced on that good-looking QVC director guy. As far as I could ascertain, he was single.



While watching the UK visit episode of D-List , I noticed again this icky new practice of referring to the paparazzi as the "paps". I'd read that before on a coupla gossip blogs. This bit o' slang is just NOT ok by me. "Paps" puts me in the mind of a whole other stirrupy experience. And while I realize that the paparazzi can be a nuisance to celebs, I can't imagine that they're truly *THAT* unpleasant.



I went to the VT Country Store in Rockingham recently and lemme tell you, it was a MAGNIFICO shopping experience!! I realize that my native cred plummets by my liking it so much, but I cannot lie. It was awesome. I managed to spend just short of $100. which is more than I shoulda but waaay less than I coulda. I went with the folks, and they mostly liked the food section of the store where practically every item was proferred as a free sample. So while I tore around the premises in a shopping frenzy, they pretty much stuck to that area, grazing leisurely. I did very much like the "candy counter" in the food section. They had all sorts of old timey confections. (I really wanted to somehow use the word "sundry" in that sentence, but I couldn't make it work!!) I bought myself a variety of these ... about a 1/3 of a paper sack full. I love licorice & clove. And HOREHOUND. I like saying it more than I like the actual flavor, but they really ain't bad, so I got a 1/2 scooper of HOREHOUND in there too. Horehound (huh huh huh huh huh). Did I mention HOREHOUND? Ok, ok, I'm over it, it's passed...
Also, I bought my Aunt 'Rainey a SkyBar (I recalled that she had been griping that you can't find 'em anywhere). Ain't I so nice??

Lemme see, what else...

I bought myself an old fashioned half-face paper mask. It's this flapper girl w/ a peuce feathered turban, and the other day Lisa got the funniest pic on her camera phone of this jerk Mark wearing it. I bought another mask for my niece Chloe..it's a different flapper (darker hair, more vampy)

So of course, I bought a li'l something for all the kiddos. In addition to the mask I got Chloe a vintage style Nancy Drew book (The Hidden Staircase). I got Sadie a book of jump rope rhymes. I could never jump rope worth a damn, maybe a good rhyme (and resultant rhythm) is key to becoming a double Dutch superstar. Although, I knew "Teddy bear, teddy bear turn around/ teddy bear, teddy bear, touch the ground.." down cold and it didn't help my case. Anyways..I got Seth one of those fake switchblade combs. Nothing he'd asked for but it amused me to buy him that...I always thought those were the coolest. I later thought that maybe it wasn't the most well thought out gift. I mean, nowadays, if he were to bring that into school, he'd likely be suspended (at least). I forget how times have changed...plus, I went to kind of a rough grade school. An actual switchblade might've gotten you suspended, but you woulda had to have been caught holding it to someone's throat. For li'l Lucy-booey, I got a tin kaleidoscope, which she seemed to dig very much.

Oh and I got some b-day gifts for my Aunt Deb and a grill thingy and this perfume (I got the Sandalwood-Amberwood-Patchouli scent combo...what they call "wood scents"...it's really the hippy compact).

I wanted to post a more substantial post, but it seems I've gone from image-heavy posting (yesterday) to link overkill today. I can't win for losing, I guess (ya ever hear people say that? How ASININE is that expression??) So fuck it, I'm gonna post a picture. It's quite possible the most adorable thing in the billion year history of adorability...check it homeys...

No comments: