Thursday, July 26, 2007

ODD

The other day I was visiting the NBC website (checking for the 900th time to see if they'd posted up part I of the Last Comic Standing semis for viewing yet) I noticed they had a banner ad for PRIMATECH PAPER that proclaimed: " Management Position Now Available!" Hey-- why don't I do one better and show you the very banner...



Hardy, har, har...I watch Heroes , I get the joke. But I was curious as to what exactly I'd find if I visited http://www.primatechpaper.com/ I thought maybe there would be some "Easter Egg" type goodies (maybe an exclusive Season 2 preview where 'tis revealed that Eric Roberts wasn't killed after all!! As much as I applaud HRG's heroics, I love me some Eric Roberts!! What is he going to do now anyways?? God help him if he goes from Heroes to cameos in more Mariah Carey videos!) But when I got on the site it was very generic, straight forward...asks for your name, email address, DOB, etc . After that there were a few questions that totally reminded me of the replicant test from Blade Runner. I filled out the thing, I used a fake address & phone # but I did use one of my actual email addresses. So I was expecting, since there was really no goodies to be had on the site, maybe I would get some novelty email or something. Nope...doesn't seem to be the case. Nothing in my inbox thus far. So, I suppose the site is just mirroring Primatech Paper on the show...sphinxlike in a generic & blah way. I comprende. It's just kinda disappointing. Maybe they started up that site to play to the legions of boob tube conspiracy theorists out there....you know the type...them that think Lost is some kinda reenactment of actual events. THOSE nutjobs....

No comments: