Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Trainwrecks

I've been branded "BITCHY" today and I am more or less disinclined to defend myself. I'm just gonna roll w/ it. Yep, I'm a bitch..I ain't "playin' nice" today. Y'all just suck it up and deal.

It could be I'm merely crabby because I didn't get an invite to join up with Mel & Brit for dinner. What gives, guys? We usually have a grand ol' time when the 3 of us hit the town. I thought so , anyways. I mean, I always hafta drive but I'm kinda resigned to that.

OK in all seriousness, isn't that one of the more bizarro celeb gossip items you've heard? Certainly it lit up my internal WTF? neon sign.

Here's other celeb news that caught my eye... Thomas Jane arrested for DUI. I suppose there's no need to follow that there link...those 4 words sum up the situation quite capably, methinks. But if you *do* choose to use the link, you'll see that the folks o'er at Digital Spy have ransacked the archives for the least flattering, most schnockered looking pic of Jane ever snapped. I actually think he's a pretty foxy dude (and also have always kinda thought he married beneath him when he wed Patricia Arquette. I really shouldn't own up to that...I REALIZE how very catty that is of me) though not particularly in that photo.
Anyways, I always kinda think of the celebs that get arrested for DUI as falling into 2 different groups -- those in the "wild oats" stage of life that are sorely lacking in common sense and /or self control and celebrities whose lives are kind of in the shitter often attributable to their becoming culturally passe (or their having been culturally passé for some time....yes, I mean you GARY COLLINS) Ahh well, I suppose both groups could be classed under the broader "TRAINWRECKS" heading. I just never thought of Thomas Jane as being a trainwreck. I mean, I think he settled when picking out a wife, but probably he likes Patricia just fine. And the guy is a ways away from "A-list" but he gets pretty steady work. It could be that TJ is a SECRET TRAINWRECK. And/or I'm being presumptuous about the nature of the DUI and it's not a pasttime exclusive to trainwrecks.

Oh, what I like the best about Digital Spy's article is that it linked me to this item which makes me think that maybe it wouldn't be so bad to go public with my secret love for P Diddy. BRA and VO to you, Monsieur Diddy. I applaud you heartily.

This kinda makes me wish I was listening to P Diddy right now instead of Jay-Z. I gotta have somethin' of his on this ol' iPod...

Oh, speaking of the iPod....it accompanied me on a walk yesterday (it's utterly essential when I make those rare and trifling forays into the world of EXERCISE) And y'know how I said (when I was explaining my inclement weather playlist a coupla weeks back) how sometimes I think of music as scoring my life as if I'm somehow living in a movie ?? Well, so I'm briskly walking...briskishly...whatever... and by some providential shuffling of the Pod...Survivor's Eye of the Tiger starts in. Claaaaaassic. It made me chortle.

I figured out why all will-power abandoned me this past weekend. Don't know why I didn't realize it right off. 'Twas the flippin' IDES OF MARCH, yo!! I can't even be held accountable. It's bigger than me...bigger than all of us... some monster cosmic hoodoo. Ask Caesar---he'll tell ya. He'll f*cking tell ya!!

No comments: