Friday, March 14, 2008

sallllllllllllllllllsa





Itemizing my most recent purchases is my second favorite stand-by post (second only to celeb b-day tributes) when I am feelin' uninspired. So...lucky for y'all I went to TJ Maxx & Newbury Comics on my lunch break (or else I'd be apt to forego posting altogether!!)


At TJ Maxx I bought---


*strawberry shortcake Cookies (flavored like strawberry shortcake--entirely unaffiliated with the like-named fictional lass. These are for my Mom for her birthday. I have SUCH a hard time shopping for her. The only thing that is GUARANTEED that she will like & use is some sort of sweets/candy/baked good)


*Orka silicone tagine





*Pomegranate salsa (I am generally more of a guacamole w/ chips kinda gal...and still, I eternally adore guac, but I am deliberately embarking on a salsa kick. Why?? Wellll.. as of last week my sister hath dragged me back aboard the Weight Watchers train. Now that I am seeking out (rather than stringently avoiding)those HUGE "Nutrition Facts" areas of food labels, I am painfully aware of how not-so-great for me a lot of what I like to eat is. Oy freakin' vey, right? Anyways, there are a small group of comestibles that have the elite distinction of being enjoyable and being (more-or-less) healthy. Salsa would be one of 'em. Also I genuinely love cabbage. (seriously!) ya can't go wrong with cabbage. Oh... 'cept I was rushing in the grocery store the other week and accidentally grabbed a savoy cabbage instead of the regular green cabbage that I generally buy. I don't think the savoy would be bad raw (for slaw or on sammies or something like that) but it took extra long to cook and then it wasn't all that good. So let's just say instead, ya can't go wrong with green cabbage. Oh, and I love brussels sprouts. I haven't had 'em in too dang long. Methinks I shall cook some up for Easter dinner.


Anyways-- in summation: I'm trying to get myself hooked on salsa because it's --on average--0g fat and 20 cal per serving with--BO-HO-HONUS!-- 1 gram dietary fiber. SCORE!! (uuUGH.. one thing I really detest about this whole WW ordeal is how dorky and boorish it makes you. I mean my sister can rhapsodize on the point values of such 'n' such a snack for a good half hour before she realizes my eyes have glazed over and/or rolled back into my head. I mean...just because you're trying to slim down doesn't mean you should hafta morph into a conversational lameass. Really!)


* Body lotion-- H2O brand / grapefruit & bergamot; I really didn't need to buy this, as I just bought quince hand lotion at Bath & Bodyworks this past weekend. It's not as if I'm especially voracious about self-moisturizing. But I suppose I was just powerless to resist this scent combination. I love the smell of grapefruit (as for the actual fruit...I am less than fond of it) and love, LOVE, LOVE the smell of bergamot ( which apparently is derived from another edible citrus. I have never eaten a bergamot, so I couldn't give my opinion of that fruit) Oh, and this tube says "shimmering body souffle" Soooo frou frou, yes? Perhaps I got it to offset another recent Bath & Bodyworks purchase. I'm a bit sheepish about it, but last Sunday I bought their CO Bigelow brand hair and body wash. In their Barber line. The "Elixir Black" scent. Yep. I'm buying men's toiletry gear. The Elixir Black blend is described as "exotic agar wood and tonka bean with undertones of amber, musk and vanilla". C'moooon...does that not sound nice? Gosh, this way, when I'm daydreaming about my make-believe beau, I can just sniff at my own hair for an olfactory aid. DAAAMN, that sounds rather pathetic. Whatev. So, ok, FINE, I'm using man shampoo. It smells good and I like the whole 2-in-1 bodywash & shampoo combo. So eff you, a'ight?


* a book of appetizer recipes-- because "apps" are totally the best. Am I right or am I right?


And at Newbury Comics I picked up--

* a bracelet (for somebody else's b-day)


*a FREE St Patty's day pint glass, very kindly given to me by Newbury Comics even though I didn't *quite* meet the $10 purchase requirement (see coupon caveat below...)





I could only manage to spend $7.50 but they had mercy on me...

No comments: