Thursday, March 06, 2008

There's All Kindsa Other Wines. ..Peanut Nore...

I've been in a wine-swillin' mood ever since Valentine's Day. Oh, and uhhh impending unemployment didn't help matters.





Anyways the other weekend I found myself in Shaw's in the wine aisle (yep.. "found myself " there. I just woke up from a fugue state and I was in the wine aisle of my local grocers. No clue as to how I got there. No clue as to why I was wearing a heavy flannel shirt with poodle skirt. It was like some 50s lumberjack disguise...so weird that I soon forgot the initial weirdness of inexplicably winding up in the wine aisle**) I was totally immersed for a while in browsing, admiring the various "packaging" (for lack of a more refined term) Even if I didn't enjoy drinking it, a bottle of wine is a thing of beauty. And I know next to nada about wine, ( I know a few that I dig, but I'm sure as hell no sommelier, a'ight?)so 90% of the time I'm choosing based on what label I think is the foxiest.



Anyways I was intrigued by the packaging on this German wine called Gewürztraminer (although the particular bottle that bewitched me was not exactly German...made by Fetzer winery right here in the States...CA.) and I was enthused (downright titillated) to try a wine I'd never before had (never even heard of, actually) So, yeah, anyhoodle, short story long, I SO recommend the Gewürz. It is DELIGHTFUL. I haven't put away vino like that since my Boone's Farm days. Ha ha just jokin' there...(or AM I??)



This post topic has got me thinking of Python's Australian table wine skit, which, sadly, is one of maybe 3 things in the universe that is missing from YouTube. I mean, I don't think they ever filmed it, it was only for one of their albums, but I thought some eager fangeek might have posted it , dubbed over a slideshow of sundry wine bottles or somethin' like that. I did, at least , find a transcript of the skit...it will hafta suffice but really it's much more comedic when you hear it rattled off by Eric Idle.

**this entire parenthetical tangent is FICTITIOUS

No comments: