Monday, March 24, 2008

Funny or Creepy? YOU Decide...

Don't EVEN ask. By some circuitous route or another, I just happened upon this. I am apt to happen upon such things. I just do.

Anyways.. watch and as you watch, ponder: funny or creepy? Which is not to say that "funny AND creepy" is not a feasible option. Could be funny AND creepy. What do you think?



Initially I was amused by this...the Ed Sullivan spoofing part of it was cute. But then we got into the "music video" and I started to feel...creeped out a little. Particularly during the close-ups of the keyboard---them hands! Ick! Is it weird that that weirded me out? Chimps are supposed to be cute right? This makes me think though that my stance on chimps is akin to my owl platform. Cartoon owls are invariably charming whereas real owls are damned creepy. It didn't occur to me until today that I may feel that way about chimps. On the other hand, I totally dug the one episode of BJ and the Bear that I saw. So why is that , huh? Have my feelings about chimps sooo changed with age (this ep of BJ&tB I caught was 10+ years ago) ?? Was the BJ&tB chimp exceptional in some way? OR was that chimp unexceptional, but the superhuman charisma exuded by Greg "CoolDad from My 2 Dads" Evigan overwhelmed and utterly blotted out any chimp-created creepiness???

The world...may never know.

No comments: