Monday, October 29, 2007

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I am super sleepy today ..(apparently this is a dull new blog motif w/ me) ...I didn't get all that much sleep this weekend and then last night I stayed up late watching Game 4 of the series. In true dabbler fashion, I didn't watch it from the very start, tuning in at about the start of inning 6. But I did watch it 'til the end...saw Kielty's homerun and even more impressive, Ellsbury slamming into the wall to catch what would've surely been a homer. ..it was a good game. I'm never as interested in these things when one of the teams has a giant lead. Right up until the end, it seemed like it coulda gone either way. But of course, I'm glad it went the way it ultimately did. I wore my Sox hoodie in celebratory homage today. If I were a full-fledged fan, I suppose I would've painted on my car or something...isn't that what those people do? I mean, if I really break down my happy feeling, it's 40% me being happy for the boys and 60% glad that House won't be preempted for a Game 6.



I can't believe that I retained any grogginess after stepping foot outside today!! I definitely was NOT ready for 26 degrees! I wore g-damn MITTENS this morning!! Frost on my pumpkins, indeed!!

Speaking of pumpkins, I have been doing a bit of carving lately. I carved one last Wed night for Sadie (a monster trick or treating on one side/ her name surrounded by polka dots on the other) . Then Sat night I went to a pumpkin carving fete at Lisa's and carved a ghoul jack-o-lantern (learned that a lino tool is a great implement for pumpkin artistry) and last night I carved a bear jackolantern. Other good things I did this weekend: surprised mi amiga Jill for her b-day Fri night, gorged on apple waffles de Billiam, lunched with Celina & Jill on French onion soup that had rather too much bread in it (lunch was otherwise terrif), picked up my Aunt Laurel on my way southward on I89 and brought her to Lucy's birthday party (she turned 3 on the 25th) grazed and watched Lucy-booey open presents and then off to aforementioned carving fete at Lisa's ....where I further gorged on Pepsi, 'ghetti & meatballs & apple crisp. Shit, I ate a lot this weekend. So , that part was not so good. But everything else was maaaahvelous. If only I had a day off for some recouperative slumber...

No comments: