Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Bachelor Battle UPDATE

OK, so I've watched all the available videos and, as predicted, it did alter my list. First of all, I was appalled that only 22 out of 50 bachelors submitted a video. That's less than half! (See I can do math, Winnie Cooper!!) It is almost always a good idea to submit a video. It helps a contender gain a stronger "foothold" in the voter's brain.. . . so to speak.

Now for Mr MI (on my list) it might have benefitted him not to do a video. His production values were so shoddy I almost crossed him off my frontrunner roster. His saving grace?? That he babysits his niece & nephew (so do I!! Neat!!) And sure, I do realize he was shamelessly exploiting that fact, but I think his choice of ploy shows actual insight on his part. Ummm, unlike the umpteen sports montages & perpetual flexing found in some of the other vids (I thought Mr Montana's was--hands down-- the worst. Sure there were others sorely lacking in stage presence (ie:FL) and/or terrible production values (MI,TX & more), but MT proferred the only video that I found downright ANNOYING)

Mr NY does not even appear to be the same dude in the Mr NY profile photo. He is considerably more handsome in his video. And yet, this did not win him a place on my list...because he is still a smarmy stock trader. I appreciate the nod to National Lampoon's Vacation, though, guy.

Mr MA won personality points with his funny video, but the fact remains that he looks like Jason Biggs-gone-gym-junkie. And this is the COSMO BACHELOR OF THE YEAR prize (a big 10 thou at stake, baby) so I gotsta vote for the "whole package"

Mr CT moved up on my top contenders list. He seemed like a very likable guy. He was much more clever about playing that " good with kids" (& borrowing from "The Landlord" short, methinks) angle.

KS /DE/ SC -- all -like NY-- got more "aesthetics" points with me (foxier in action than in their photo) but all seemed to be jackasses so, NO they did not make the list.

But I said the list changed , and indeed it did. I ousted VA from the list and replaced him with NE (also foxier in vid than in pic).



Ultimately, I'm still undecided about my vote. CT is looking good but also I am especially fixated on SD. He is not ,like, off the charts hot, but he's cute in a kinda unique way & has one sultry stare in his photo. And then his video really got me... the whole sandwich slapping bit. I like a guy not afraid to make an arse out of himself. Oh, which reminds me, Mr RI also charmed me with his vid, the pipe , the phrase "Magna Sum AWESOME" the fact that he said he's reading a book on Teddy Roosevelt (whether he is or not) , so he moved up on the list too, although SD & CT have the edge over him (because they're cuter).

So on the one hand I'm inclined to proclaim SD & CT to be the front-most of the frontrunners, but then on the other hand, I'm thinking, is it cool to penalize AZ, ID, NM,OH, & WA just because they didn't submit videos??? Since I'm not overly concerned with treating CO, LA, OR, TN, or IL unfairly I guess that makes the revised front runners list--
SOUTH DAKOTA
CONNECTICUT
ARIZONA
IDAHO
WASHINGTON
NEW MEXICO
OHIO

I will let youse guys know what I vote when I do vote....if I can ever make up my mind.

No comments: