Tuesday, October 16, 2007

office banter topics dujour


I don't know why I don't have IM screen caps to post anymore. I guess we have really foregone IMs in favor of hollering these days. It's just as well though, since 90% those images wouldn't expand to readable size when clicked on anyways (such a pain in the ass!!).


But anyways, here's what you've missed out on today--


**Just 5 min ago I was asking for an opinion--does 4pages/ 87 items of an Amazon wish list make me a GREEDY person?? The jury is still out on this issue, but we collectively decided that total $$ is a factor to consider, as are one's wish list compiling intentions....are you clicking everything that you like just as a means of bookmarking it or have you serious intentions of acquiring all list items??


**We were talking Englebert Humperdinck (I can't recall WHY) and Lisa said "You know his name is really Gerry Dorsey" and I said "NO, it's Arnold Dorsey" and this developed into an argument that escalated into a bet. Well, we found (check here, if you wanna brush up on your E-Hump facts) that in 1936 he was born Arnold George Dorsey, and when he began singing professionally at age 17 he took the stage name Gerry Dorsey. Lisa says this means we're both right, and she doesn't lose the bet. But I say that I am righter and I win. He's not really Gerry Dorsey as she said...his g.d. birth certificate says ARNOLD. Gerry was just a rough draft pseudonym. Maybe I'm "splitting hairs" here but-- eh, no, no I'm not. I'm righter.


**We frequently deal with this purchasing dude who has the last name "Ripple" and today he made this total bonehead mistake. This inspired me to say, "Maybe he's been hitting the RIPPLE too hard" But nobody got the joke. And then I second guessed myself. .. I felt almost positive that "ripple" -- aside from being a yummy flavor of ice cream (namely--Fudge Ripple, not my fave, but DAMN tasty) was a type of booze. So I hit that mecca of knowledge Wikipedia and found this (ripple was a type of "fortified wine" no longer sold--I'll just throw that in here in case you're sick & tired of following my links all over everywhere ). I further discovered exactly why I had this definition of the word ripple resonating in my noggin-- it was a favorite quaff of Fred Sanford on Sanford & Son.

No comments: