Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Heroes last night..

HOLY HELL, HRG!! I do like you when you're a badass (like when you nearly broke the hand of that snotty manager at your fake job-- that was terrif) but that was excessively harsh!!

When HRG blew away his ex-mentor I did a double take--an actual, physical double take(blink & a head shake). Had I been enjoying a beverage at that moment, I mighta even done a spit take. Nothing says "Thanks but no thanks on that job offer" like a bullet to the head, right? I hope they're not taking HRG back into evil bastard territory. I only started liking him mid season 1. But after "Company Man" (I think that was the episode) I was very pro-HRG. If they are making him evil again, I don't think I'll be able to withstand the emotional roller coaster ride (j/k---I AM aware it is just a show). Claire is starting to lose trust in HRG again, and if he keeps on this course it should be easy enough for West to drive a fat ol' wedge in that daddy-daughter relationship. HRG has seemingly concluded that Clare having a boyfriend would mean his DEATH, but I don't think that painting necessarily says that. It only establishes that after he's killed, Claire & some dude will be making out in some shady corner near his dead body. There *may* not be a cause-effect relationship there. Claire could be : a) oblivious to dead HRG and getting her innocent smooch on OR b) terribly sad about her dead father, needing consolation via ... getting her smooch on. HOWEVER, with Claire starting to distrust her Dad , AND West having the traumatic past encounter with HRG (and he is due to identify Mr Bennett as the nefarious HRG of his bad memories in next week's eppy) I think the show is trying to insinuate that that kiss is: c) a "Yaaay--we killed HRG" celebratory kiss.

Who knows. I'm still in HRG's corner...a little less vociferously after his recent COLDHEARTED behavior. If he keeps this up, I intend to downgrade that to "tenatively in his corner".


As for other storylines... my sister really likes this Caitlin dame that Peter is "palling" around with this season. I think she's 10X better than (ick!) Simone, but still awfully dull. I think I'd rather see sweetPete hook up with Elle (Kristen Bell's character) instead. Ok YEAH, she killed his friend (hey, they weren't best friends by any means) and is considerably more on the "evil" side of the spectrum than Peter, but that would make for some compelling relationship drama, no? An intriguing juxtaposition of naughty & nice?


I'm pretty bored with Hiro's lame-ass exploits in 17th century Japan. Oy! That whole snoozefest had better tie in to the central storyline REAL soon. I think that the Kensei character has potential though. It's his banner's symbol that's been scrawled on all the faces in that old photo right? So could he be picking them off? If he can't be killed, I guess it's not a *huge* leap to conjecture that he makes it to the 21st century... They want (they=the writers) us to believe that Parkman's dad is the culprit there, but I don't buy it.


And the only interesting thing about Senora Inkyeyeballs and her twin bro is that they're carting Sylar back into the U.S. I find the brother is marginally more likeable now that Senora has exhibited her other super powers (aside from the killing people one) -- INCREDIBLE naivete and HORRIBLE instincts about people.

No comments: