Thursday, October 04, 2007

Wa' me --YOOOOOOU--crank dat soulja boy (WTF?)

"Crank that Soulja Boy (Supaman)" is playing in my earbuds at present (on the Accuradio "HitKast" channel) It's an effective song in that the beat does make me want to dance (Dance Apart To the Beat..that is....thanks , Chubby Checker!) but what's really got me enthralled is the litany of gibberish that's passing for lyrics in this song. I particularly like that howlin' "YOOOOOU!" that starts off (and closes) the song. I know it's way "square" of me to be looking for any sense or coherence here, but I can't help it. I think he's saying something about RoboCop...repeated references to Superman....super soakers? Baby mate? Did he say "baby mate"? What in the name of Pete's Dragon is any of this shit about???? I suppose I could just look up the lyrics of this thing, but I have a feeling that that would not shed any light on anything. This song has got me utterly perplexed...maybe a little obsessed...this is my 4th consecutive listen.



I've been listening to a lot of Accuradio today. I do love my tunes, but another reason I've kept the earbuds in today is that I DON'T WANT TO SOCIALIZE with anybody. So I've been listening to music, zoning out doing order entry, talking only when I get calls... It's funny...I always name my coworkers as the #1 best thing about my job, and I don't retract that , but lately they've been getting on my f-ing nerves. Well not ALL of 'em. Just Robin & Lisa, really. But lemme say, in their defense, that I'm sure it's at least 80% me. I'm either getting pissed because I feel they're always on my case or just crazy irritated by their dumb jokes. I don't want to be so cross, I'm thinking if I withdraw from office society for the day it'll somehow restore my core of Zenny calm.



OK...back to the tunes I've been listening to (because I feel like a HUGE bitch sniping about my mates behind they backs) Here's some of the noteworthy stuff...

*Stronger --Kanye West: I know a week or so ago, I proclaimed myself a member of "Team Fiddy" and liked Ayo Technology better than Stronger. Well, I've changed my stance on that. That's my prerogative.I can do that. I still like Ayo Technology, but after a coupla listens, Stronger has really grown on me. I think I may have been initially swayed by the appearance of Justin Timberlake in 50's video. Oh, and Timbaland...I like him too (ahh, but *not* in the same way I dig JT) And even though Timbaland is an awesome collaborator, he's kinda become the standard "go-to guy" hasn't he? And so I applaud Kanye for choosing Daft Punk to partner up with....it's sort of (pardon the corporate jargon) "out-of-the-box thinking" and shows stellar taste (I love Daft Punk).
*Hey There Delilah--Plain White T's: I shouldn't put this under "Tunes I've Been Listening To" heading...I should instead use a heading like "Songs I Keep Hearing the Make Me Rush Feverishly for the Skip Button" That's a smidge lengthy though, eh? Initially I was apathetic toward the Delilah song but I've grown to loathe it fervently. And it's all I can do to avoid the thing!! Undoubtedly the hearing it come on the radio ('net or car radio) something like 900 times daily accounts for the rapid apathy-to-hatred demotion.
*Wake-up Call--Maroon 5 : Love this song. Love Adam Levine more...I would NEVER play him like that!!
*Glamorous--Fergie: I do like this song actually. But am kind of anti-Fergie (pants pisser!) So although I enjoy every listen of the tune, it totally improves the song (for me, personally) if , when she sings "sippin', reminiscing on days when I had a Mustang" I sub in the line "sippin, reminiscing on days when I had a MOUSTACHE". HAA.

*I Got it from my Mama-- Will i. am: An ode to genetically bestowed hubba-hubba. Hmm. I don't doubt that Mr. i. am (perhaps when I am referring to him, I should switch to third person? That'd be Mr. he. is) prefers this particular brand of hottie, but in this era of gym junkies and ubiquitous plastic surgery, how relevant is this song?
I was also thinking this tune would be ideal theme music for that atrocious MTV show "Date My Mom" Lemme paste here some lyrics and lay on ya a bit of the gospel of Will he. is.-- "If the girl real fine,Nine times out of ten,She fine just like her mama And if her mama real ugly,I guarantee ya she gon’ be ugly like her mama If the girl real sexy,Nine times out of ten,She sexy like her mama.If the girl real hot,Nine times out of ten,She hot just like her mama.And if her mama real ugly,I guarantee ya she gon’ be ugly like her mama "
That's Will .i. am carrying on the fine work of Gregor Mendel. Genetics...they started with peas and now black eyed peas...naw, you know what , there were the stirring of a very witty quip in my head there but I can't seem to construct it properly. Shit.

No comments: