Thursday, October 25, 2007

wake up..a-li'l Snoozie , wake up!!

I had the hardest time dragging my arse outta bed this a.m. I'm sure it doesn't help that I set my alarm for 7:10 with the intent of getting up at 7:40 am, fully intending to avail myself of that snooze button. Rationally, I see how the snooze button is a foolish innovation but I can't quit it. I'm a snooze junkie. As solo inhabitant of my apartment/bed, I guess snooze overuse is my damned prerogative (lame consolation prize though it is).

I am SOOO not a morning person. I swear 8 days outta 10 the first word out of my mouth is "Fuuuuuuuuck!"

I had a dream this morning where I was approached by a peacock as I walked out to my car to go to work. ("approached" makes it sound like he was trying to sell me magazines or something. This was not the case.) It was a seriously fucked up peacock though, all bruised & bedraggled as if he'd been hit by a car. And he's staggering toward me. My conscious mind broke in here and commented "Maybe he wants you to take him to the vet". But DreamSandra, true to my actual anti-bird sensibilities, leapt up on to the top of my car to avoid the wounded bastard. Yeah, I especially didn't trust him because he was wounded. DreamSandra has nary a scrap of mercy, apparently. But them I'm on top of my car and think "Shit, I can't stay up here. I've got to get to work!" So I jump down and shoo the bird away and then head off to work. That's it. I know, I know. Sort of an anticlimatic dream. There's this tense stand off, fraught with all sorts of dramatic/narrative possibilities and then it all resolves so quickly & banally. But this dream hit me after I'd hit the snooze button (for the first or second time? I can't recall...) so I had time constraints to deal with here!! But just you imagine if I'd had all night to dream this dream!! We mighta wound up with some epic human-avian battle!! Something akin to...


No comments: