Thursday, February 01, 2007

REFORMED!!!


Here we have the top item in the IMDB news bites section. And it being listed highest, are we to presume that is the most important celeb news du jour? Well, I think it's got to be the most ridiculous and over-debated story of the day. Of the past month, really. I seem to be of a minority opinion, but I think it possible that Washington is NOT homophobic. Of course he hasn't offered that by way of his own defense, because no one would accept it. It seems to be unanimously established: Hetero says faggot= said hetero hates gay people. This is just an irrefutable equation in our society. This is what I think: Ya say faggot= you may hate gay people, you might just be uncomfortable with 'em AND there's a slight possibility you have no problem with 'em whatsoever. Isaiah has played numerous gay characters in his career. I feel like if one was truly homophobic they just wouldn't do that. But perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps I'm not fathoming how intensely dedicated to his craft the dude is.



But here's my take on the whole overinflated brouhaha---



Isaiah is known to have a hot temper...I think it's entirely plausible that he was furious with Dempsey and, wanting to tear him a new one, he just spewed forth whatever vileness popped into his head. I mean, it's not unprecedented for people to say things they don't mean when they're angry. I suspect it would've actually been more appropriate for I.W. to do some anger management counseling but that wouldn't have happened...because that wouldn't have appeased anybody.

Well, whatev. I'm glad he's out of deprogramming. Forever may his rainbow banner wave-- yeeeeha.



In more mundane news--of my life-- I realized around noon that my shirt was on inside out. Let me just clarify (in my defense) it was not my primary shirt, but a tee that I have under a plaid shirt. I am not a complete ninny.



I'm excited for primo Thurs night TV tonight. I'm tempted to watch 30 Rock, (but I won't because it conflicts w/ my Grey's Anatomy time) because I've seen the promo for tonight's eppy numerous times and everytime without fail, when Paul Reubens yells "THANK YOU FOR COMING TO MY BIRTHDAY PARTY!!" I laugh my arse off. I tried to find a clip of him saying that to direct you to, but I had trouble and it got too damn time consuming. So, Mission UN-accomplished. Instead, I'll "paste" here the error message I got whenever I tried to launch the NBC.com video player.




UUUUGGHH-- speaking of vexing error messages, my blog was unviewable this a.m. Due to error code bX-vjhbsj --whatever the &^#@$ that means. I think perhaps it's Newblogger-ese for "A Muskrat has deficated on our server and shorted out all our functiony bits". Well I popped onto the site's help message boards and it seemed like approx. a half trillion bloggers were getting hit with that same issue &error code this a.m. So maybe it was the work of a whole muskrat troupe. Or pack. What is the proper term for a muskrat collective?

Research that for me wouldja? I want a report typed up (250 words, in Palatino Linotype font, 1.5 line spacing preferred) and on my desk by Monday 8am.....


No comments: