Friday, February 23, 2007

The other night on my way home I was at the lights @ the end of Benning St and noticed that the car ahead of me had a vanity plate on it that read "AIKEN"

It's possible, of course, that these people relocated to VT from Aiken SC...I'm hoping to God that's the case. I shudder to think that there are Clay Aiken fans out there so devoted that they're willing to shill out the extra moolah for vanity plates just so they can wear their devotion to that uber-DWEEB on their bumpers...
As if the mere existence of Clay Aiken fans isn't shudder-inducing enough in the 1st place...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you're so COOL. Dissing Clay Aiken. I'm so impressed. You're just another one of the shallow sheeple.

Anonymous said...

Oh, shut up, Claymate. Christ, you people are like roaches coming out of every corner. MUST protect "widdle Claybie". He's a grown man. Let him learn to stand up for himself instead of having a bunch of old ladies fight his battles for him.

Anonymous said...

Looks like word is getting out that they way to get thousands of hits on your site is to mention Clay. Even the haters are riding on his coattails. You are pathetic!

Anonymous said...

You know, there actually exist people whose last name is Aiken, besides Clay Aiken. Some of them might even have a vanity plate.

Sandra said...

If an aversion to Clay Aiken renders me one of the “sheeple” then –BAAAA! Sheeple= sheep+ people right? That is what I’d presumed but I am just not up on the lingo you nonconformists use these days.
But you know,sadly, I DON’T think I am cool. And, believe it or not, disparaging Clay Aiken (briefly and vaguely) was not intended as a means to attain “cool” status. Nor was it meant to increase my blog traffic (although, apparently it does). Additionally, I was NOT on a mission to sully Mr Aiken’s good name, planning my anti-Clay manifesto days in advance. No, by some act of Providence (not the RI city) I got behind this car with the “AIKEN” liscense plate and I had thought it safe to post an off-the-cuff reaction to that. But perhaps I shouldn’t proffer an opinion so carelessly. I was not prepared for such rabid response!
Simmer down, folks! Haven’t you all seen “Free to be You & Me”?? I think this little fracas all illustrates why that should still be required viewing in our nation’s schools….