Tuesday, February 06, 2007

AstroNUTS

I was just going to start off yammering about Heroes (and I will en uno momento) but this news item caught my attention and I wanted to first address this with a resounding "WHAT THE F-" And I'll follow that up with a cockle-warmed "Awwwww" because, after all, it is nearly Feb 14, and nothing sez, "Be my Valentine" like wearing a wig & shitty diaper to kidnap your beloved's alleged girlfriend. I mean, imagine if someone did that for you and all you did was get them the 4pc. Whitman's Sampler in the wee cardboard heart with Snoopy & Woodstock on the front of it for a buck at Walgreens? Wouldn't that make you feel like a schmuck? It's certainly what one would call a "grand gesture". Oh, it's bat guano loco, for SURE, but no one can accuse her of underachieving.

Anyways, even if I hadn't spotted it on the msn homepage, I woulda heard all about it--everybody in my office is chattering about it. It has multiple elements that intrigue-- and definitely the forbidden-love-amongst-the-cosmos backstory piques one's curiosity, but the concensus seems to be that the most extraordinary thing here is that the perpetrator wore diapers. Apparently this is no big thing for an astronaut (they wear them during launch & reentry) and it was probably an overlooked detail amongst the nursing home set, but here in this office , grown-ass women making poo-poo & pee in diapers...well, it's just COMEDY GOLD.
Look at this chick... after my first glimpse at the pic I thought...."Ooooh. One of your more unflattering mug shots. She looks transgender..and in an unkempt, nonfabulous way. Ick." But after reading this story, and contemplating the matter, I decided this face could very well be "Oh, lordy am I overdue for a diaper change!" Perhaps that furrowed brow does not signify distress or psychological unrest or anything so profound...just the discomfort of someone who is understandably sick of their own stink.

No comments: