Monday, February 12, 2007

HELLO! Is it me you're looking for???

I've been listening today to Yahoo Radio's 80s Love Songs channel. Usually I tune into their Showtunes channel but I felt like a switch today. Maybe I was inspired by Valentine's Day bein' just around the corner. I do tend to get into the spirit of Valentine's Day, though I can't fathom why. I fully realize that Valentine's Day is going to be just another Wednesday (and Hump Day in name only). But for some inexplicable reason, I like Valentine's Day. I can't decide whether I'm a sick masochist or an insane romantic. I'm sure it could be both.
Anyways, I am rather enjoying this station and hope it is not a seasonal dealie like Shamrock shakes (except not at McDonalds...and for Valentine's Day not St Patty's Day...but you catch my drift) Here are some fabulous songs I've heard since tuning in...
*Father Figure/ George Michael
*Hello / Lionel Richie (MAGNIFICENTLY cheesy...stuck in my head since about 9am)
*Eternal Flame/ the Bangles (I like singing along to this one...especially belting out the "Say my name..sun shines through the rain!" bit. I have a feeling, that if I were patronizing a place where karaoke was happening (that rarely ever happens, praise the Lord) and "Eternal Flame" was a karaoke menu choice, and I had imbibed sufficiently, then I could embarrass myself in a SPECTACULAR fashion)
* Glory of Love /Peter Ceterra (y'know, before today I had not realized that this song was solo-Ceterra...I had thought it was one of numerous schmaltzy offerings in Chicago's schmaltzy period)
*Love Song & Pictures of You /The Cure ( I love me some Cure...good for what ails ya. HA HAHAAAA pun intended there..)
*The Promise/When In Rome
*Careless Whisper /Wham!

No comments: