Monday, February 19, 2007

notes on fried rice

Here's a random opinion for you to chaw on--

PEAS in your fried rice are a good indication that you need to start ordering from a better place. Not like sno-peas or pea pods or anything exotic, I'm talking your average, spherical Green Giant ("ho ho ho") style peas. That, right there, is the mark of mall- caliber Chinese food. Ewww.

Conversely, your premium quality fried rice will have eggy bits in it. Extra onions& green onions - also a nice touch. I think I would eat green onions in anything (that is not a desert).


Maybe it's all the ruminating I'm doing about Chinese New Year, but I've been jonesing lately for Chinese/ Japanese eats. Which is not to say that I'm disappointed in my lunch (braised cabbage w/ onions) because it is delish. But I have been wanting asian grub nonetheless and trying to give in to this yen (ha haaa ha ha ha) only sparingly.

No comments: