Tuesday, February 06, 2007

books & movies



I watched The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie this weekend. I did enjoy it, although I cannot pinpoint exactly why. I'm sure some of my enjoyment is derived from this film being set in Edinburgh, thereby a delightful brogue was spoken throughout. The word Brodie has a particular euphony about it when said in a Scottish accent: BrrrrOOOE deee.

I went to Encore Books last night to pick up the Muriel Sparks novel that the flick is based on but no luck. Instead I bought Tom Jones (by Henry Fielding) & The Moonstone (Wilkie Collins) and then for the muffins I got this edition of Snow White (lovely illustrations!) and Pirate Bob.

My books to read queue has probably DOUBLED in size since I posted about it back in Dec. I think I need a 12step program (for several of my vices!!)

No comments: