Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Red Gatorade--Nectar of the Gods

So accustomed have I become to these abbreviated work weeks that my system just would not allow me to come in to the office Monday for a full 5 day work week. Its subtle way of urging me to take the day off was simultaneous shitting & vomitting at 6:30am. Well, ostensibly I had a stomach bug, but I think my body coulda had ulterior motives. So the shitting & vomitting continued until just after noon (uhh, intermittently& not continuously, I should point out) but I felt horrid all day. I had cold sweats and I couldn't get comfortable. Am better today but I still have a headache & sore ribs.

Sorry to be so gripey.

I couldn't help but think (even though I knew it was a stupid & shallow thing to think) if only I could maintain this appetite, it would make it ever so much easier to succeed with that "drop some lbs" New Years' Resolution. Yesterday, all food seemed totally repugnant to me, the only things I could bear ingesting were cold water, ice chips, Flav-R-Ice, & Fruit Punch flavored Gatorade. I was a FIEND with the Gatorade. I don't know what it was about the red Gatorade, but it seemed to me yesterday to be just the best thing EVER. Really...I was compelled to make creepy incoherent groans of pleasure as I drank it.

In other, less grody news, we threw a surprise 70th birthday bash for my Dad on Saturday night. Except he had his suspicions and he was a total jackass about making it clear that he knew what was going on the whole time.

No comments: