Friday, January 25, 2008

are you STING RAY ? are you FAY WRAY?

ARE YOU JIMMY RAY? (who wants to know? who wants to know?)Remember that song? I was rockin' out this a.m. on my commute to work to that one-hit wonder (I don't even know if you can call it that, as I'm not sure it qualifies as a "hit" "90s Blip on the Pop Music Radar" would be perfectly fitting, but it's also quite a mouthful)

Dunno why I was so cuckoo for Jimmy Ray this mornin'. Maybe I had some cheesy residue leftover on my disposition after watching "My Chaffeur" last night. Yeah, I kinda heart that movie (own it on DVD, don't I??) even though it's more or less a Harlequin novel on film. Deborah Foreman is truly charming though. It's too bad she doesn't act much anymore. But on the other hand...what roles would she get nowadays? I get the strong sense that she'd wind up as mom of {insert wholesome tween star/starlet's name here} on some Disney channel show. And perhaps it's better to get out of the biz early than wind up in that role.

Note the new link added to my sidebar (Fast Rewind). I was on there seeking out "My Chaffeur" (SHOCKINGLY omitted!!). While I was on there I was thinking...this is SUCH a faaabulous site...do I have a link to it on my blog? And then...(after checking) I CAN'T BELIEVE I didn't have this on my blog already! Insane! And thusly, it became a new addition to my links sidebar. As movie info goes, it's no rival to imdb (the undisputed MECCA of all cinematic knowledge...nyet! Strike that! it's not merely cinematic, it's anything EVER committed to film.. well, practically) But it does have better browse-ability than imdb. It's pretty much a stroll down 80s Movie Nostalgia Street... with these frequent stops to exclaim "Duuude! I forgot about that movie!! I loved that movie!"

In the course this 80s cinema reverie, 2 new DVDs wound up added to my Amazon wish list. My new must haves:





Well, I SHALL post again this afternoon, pets. Did you think I would forget it was Grover Friday on the very last Grover Friday?? Oh ye hath little faith....

No comments: