Thursday, January 03, 2008

Lunch aftereffects and OJ commercial obsesssing...

I was mighty proud of last night's culinary accomplishments. If I thought my perch & stir fry were sub-par, I probably wouldn't have so eagerly urged Lisa to sample the leftovers. She did suggest that a sweet flavor counterpoint might improve the stir fry (like a drizzle of duck sauce, somethin' like that) but she offered up the critique with such a heaping side of praise that I was not wounded. And I remained just as self congratulatory as ever (witness: the "joking" Iron Chef comment in the IM banter)



Well..cut to two hours later and I have rather been laid low by hubris. Something really opened up my gastrointestinal sluices, maaan. Was my food REALLY so combative to my innards or was that KARMIC DIARRHEA???


I have yet to come to any concrete conclusions. In the meantime, I implore you : steer clear of excessive pride and excessive sesame oil.



In less icky news, I have rewatched the Robert Loggia OJ commercial several times. Not that I was looking for anything, just outta love for it. Which is not to say that I didn't find anything...
WHAT is with that look Mom has on her face after La Loggia walks in the door?? It's like a sly "Ha-haa!" look or a coquettish "Heey there Mr Loggia". She seems totally unsurprised to have Robert Loggia stop by. What is THAT all about, huh? I would postulate that mom & dad had conspired to make this happen if it weren't for Dad's look of surprise. Could Mom have acted alone? Unlikely, considering that Dad delivers the pivotal "Well who would you believe?" line. Probably Mom & Dad conspired and Mom just can't fake a surprised face (whereas Dad does so effectively)
One of the wilder leaps I made on my jump-to-conclusions mat was that Robert Loggia is this boy's real father. Think about it... if this was indeed an arranged visit, then these follks have Loggia connections. There's also Mom's flirty grin to consider....in addition to Loggia's somewhat salacious wink. What most compellingly recommends this left-field theory is this kid's unconventional Robert Loggia appreciation. I'm no child psychologist, but seems to me that that is NOT normal 10 yr old kid (approx 10 years old, I should say) behavior. However, if this Loggia connection was somehow hardcoded into his DNA...well, that would explain a lot. Maybe Minute Maid was going to do some serial commercials around this soap opera-esque storyline (like the terrific Taster's Choice love saga! Remember them?**) But then the Loggia backed out of the serial plan because he was reluctant to play a promiscuous homewrecker type dude. I mean, I can't imagine that it would belittle him in my eyes (in my heart) whatsoever, but I do respect how one must protect one's image. I totally comprende.

**that was the only YouTube search result for "Taster's Choice couple" but holy schnikey is it thorough!! I never remembered that Giles-from-Buffy and generic-Brit-dame got that far. WOW! He like laid the "L" word on her at the end there--didja watch that far?? I suspect that vid was from a UK poster because seems to me only like 1/3 of that series aired in the States.
And I thought those ads were from the 90s, but my cursory 'net research sez late 80s which, I think must be true because...I must sheepishly confess... Giles-from-Buffy is young and quite dashing here. Am I right? Tell me I'm not alone here...

No comments: