Thursday, January 03, 2008

and YOU thought the holidays were over...

but ...JANUARY 3RD IS ROBERT LOGGIA DAY! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!

Mr Robert Loggia was born Jan 3 1930 in NYC (birth name: Salvatore Loggia)

La Loggia hasn't been in a hell of a lotta good movies (there's a few gems in his filmography, but not all that many considering he's been in the biz 50+ years) What's worse, he seems to have a penchant for guest starring on shitty TV series (Touched by an Angel? Dharma & Greg? Eewww!)
Naah, when I like Loggia it's when Loggia's playing Loggia. Like when he did a quick Family Guy cameo early last year. I searched for a clip of said cameo on YouTube, because YouTube practically has all 5 Family Guy seasons in their entirety. But wouldn't ya know it, that happens to be the one and only Family Guy moment omitted from YouTube. Such is my luck. But I did find a commercial worth sharing (an exceedingly apt way to commence the 77th annual Robert Loggia Day celebrations)



I totally remember that commercial. The poster cites it as being from '99, but I feel pretty certain that it was closer to the mid 90s. I clearly remember thinking at the time that it was THE absolute funniest commercial out there. The absurdity of it all...it's of course absurd that Robert Loggia is doing parental back-up house calls in arbitrary suburban homes across the U.S. , but I find I am more amused by this 10 yr old kid knowing who Robert Loggia is.

That commercial was the BESTEST. I also clearly recall that they didn't run it on the telly for all that long. I went through this withdrawl stage-- a coupla months of "I never see that Robert Loggia OJ commercial anymore." & "Whatever happened to the Robert Loggia OJ commercial? Have you seen it?? They never play it anymore..DAAAAMN IT!!"

No comments: