Wednesday, January 09, 2008

chartreuse poop

This term is something my sister said on the phone today that's been resonating in my head. I talked to Lucy for a bit (and I must here interject that she is exceptionally intelligible on the phone for a wee moppet of 3yrs old. Easier to talk to on the phone than my mom is) and she told me she had a "bad poop". Laura evidently didn't find "bad" to be a descriptive enough adjective, because when she got back on the phone she further enlightened me that Lucy had a CHARTREUSE b.m. Lovely.
Maybe it's the repeated "oo" sound that makes it such a catchy set of words. It's got the makings of a smashing title of somethin'-or-other. A book of poetry? An album? Hmm.. dunno. I don't quite have a use for it at the moment, but if ever I'm publicly racking my brain for a title suggestion for somethin'-or-other, remember to lob that suggestion at me, OK??

Here's a news item that caught my eye. Another case of "WHYYYY DO I READ THIS STUFF?" (like yesterday's post...incrementally less revolting) OK, in light of the Revelations passage they cite in the article, I can kinda see this dude's bat-guano-loco rationale but the question that remains, methinks, is : why microwave the hand?? Was that to ensure it couldn't be re-attached? Perhaps he simply got his Hot Pocket and his severed hand switched around in the most grisly case of absent mindedness EVER.

Now, from time to time I like to cleanse my mental palette (after reading up on all the day's homicidal maniacs/bizarro dismemberments, etc) with a cute little "soft news" piece such as a new baby at the zoo. And so I click on "Rare baby aye aye born at Bristol Zoo". After looking at the accompanying photos, methinks the name for this exotic mammal should be aagh-AAAGH! I think the images of that yucky little varmint are going to give me worse nightmares than the "mark of the beast hand microwaver guy". I will , of course, give you a link but I forewarn you it's only for the stout hearted. Eeek..that second picture, especially looks like some phony composite created by Weekly World News using their archaic Photoshop methods (à la BAT BOY )

Holy ChartreusePoop Batboy, I know I've been a smidge link-happy today (on account o' me being still to feeble to generate any original wit) but I do heartily recommend that last link. Having passed up all issues of WWN (Batboy related or otherwise) with an offended sneer, this is the first I've read of Batboy's epic life story. That half- bat freakshow sure has been busy while I've been ignoring him all these years...



No comments: