Thursday, November 01, 2007

nippytucky

I forgot to mention how ELATED I am that FX has commenced the new season of Nip/Tuck. OF COURSE I tuned in Tues night!!
Some highlights--
I looooved the sequence of Christian & Sean prepping for a night out clubbing. I concur with the wise gents in ZZ Top: every girl *is* crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man. Those dudes can dress-- seriously!! It could be that is a happy side effect of them being a small percentage gay for each other. Also muy caliente? The new McNamara/Troy offices. This makes me think they must have had a nice fat start-up "egg". Although the scene with the fish repo dude suggests otherwise.
The "Hearts 'n' Scalpels" show-within-a-show thing was damned funny...in especially Bradley Cooper deadpanning "I'll be there in 10. . . . .10 orgasms" Oliver Platt was amazing too. Thinking back on it, they sure as hell packed in as many guest stars as they could for the season premiere. Quite near maximum capacity, I'll bet. Oh, and I felt awful for Daphne Zuniga's character ... that scene with Christian scrawling all over her photo with lipstick....that just killed me.

Speaking of TV (and revisiting the top topic du jour), I guess I can download podcasts on to my iPod. I already feel the need to call it something other than iPod. I sense that I will be using it super often, and in that case, I don't want to just call it iPod like ALL of them are called. So I think I am going to have to name it. That's one to mull over. A good name for my iPod. Oh, right-- don't you look at me like that (as if I've gone bat guano loco at long last) !! People name their flippin' cars don't they? Oh , anyways, I was on about podcasts, si? It occurred to me: this would be a way I could catch up on all those HBO or Showtime shows that I always think look neat but I've dismissed as forever unattainable because I have no intention of paying for cable (ever!!). The Tudors, for instance, looks very promising. Is that getting renewed for a 2nd season? I wonder... Also, I would check out Flight of the Conchords, get a peek at Reaper (although I think I do get the CW..it's just hard to locate amongst my channels). Yessss, that would be good.

I had this in mind when I checked out the iTunes site. I figured that had to be the go-to site for such a thing since Steve Jobs and his iBastards seem to rule with an iRon fist (haa)... I was skeptical that I could find usable downloads elsewhere, y'know? It seems though, you cannot even browse if you don't have the iTunes player installed? Whyever the fuck not, I ask you? I happen to be a big fan of browsing--both in actual real life stores and in the online shops. But I can't even peruse the fucking wares if I don't install this hella-invasive install on my work PC? Damn youse guys!! Of course, I installed the iTunes player on my home (aka Laura's) computer, but I would never do that on my office PC (and probably I'm barred from doing so anyways...)! So my dream podcast roster waits to be compiled some other day. Waaaah....

No comments: