Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Heroes rant..

I missed Parkman this week. Where the hell was he anyway? Too busy with work? He was not watching Molly, that's for sure. Who was watching Molly for that matter?? I mean, maybe they hired a sitter, but that seems a pretty piss poor security measure, considering their situation. These guys just do not have their " arrangement" well organized..not like, say, the chaps from My Two Dads. Now those dudes have their shit together!! But , y'know, I LIKE Parkman...I choose to blame Mohinder. Speaking of that jackass...
I wish Mohinder was a bona fide hero (and not just a hero groupie) so that he could be one of the two fallen heroes hinted at in previews for next week( 2 HEROES WILL FALL...) . He pisses me off. I realize that last season, I kvetched about him being a jelly-spined wuss, and I enjoyed it when he took on Sylar (albeit disastrously). But to SHOOT HRG? You stupid, double crossing bastard! And what was even worse was how he was totally jerky to HRG afterward. Just because he fixed him up, good as new (maybe better than new?? Hmm?) this does *NOT* negate the fact that he SHOT the guy! And how can he have no remorse about that?? Misguided or not, HRG was his friend. Or ok, maybe not friend but more or less his ally. And he should NOT be so unapologetic about shooting an ally!! I’m not so crazy about Mohinder, but I at least thought he was “on the up and up”, morally speaking.

Also I thought it commendably restrained of HRG not to hulk out and snap Mohinder’s li’l chicken neck.

But it’s unlikely that they’re planning to off Mohinder…if I recall correctly, it was implied that it was a hero that would “fall”. Plus they need to have a resident geneticist (at least one) in the mix. Ideally, Nikki and Maya would be axed. Nikki is just. . .just..utterly USELESS. And her niece in law was just kidnapped while trying to retrieve Nikki’s late hubby’s medal. So I suppose it’s conceivable that Nikki might intervene and get popped by the Crips for her trouble. I SO would not object to that…but it probably won’t happen. Or maybe Monica is the one who’ll get offed by the gang …which would be too bad. The girl’s just starting out…I think they should give her a little while longer to try and reduce her lameness. I was a little peeved with her, letting herself get kidnapped like that. She’s got this whole iPod full of handy tricks, and there’s nothing therein that relates to being kidnapped by gun-wielding gang members?? Come on! That’s pretty basic!
You’ll hate me for saying this, but I wouldn’t mind if they got rid of that Micah kid. I know, I know….he’s just a precocious little moppet who wants to be with his mommy. But, really…nobody watches this show to follow his dopey little storyline. Am I right?

Maya would be a good pick for elimination. And that’s somewhat likely considering the company she’s keeping. I don’t mind her being on the show as the means by which Sylar “gets his groove back” but beyond that I’ve not much use for her. She’s monumentally stupid and just plain annoying.

I don’t think I’d mind too terribly if they got rid of Adam. Initially I liked him (as I was quite in favor of adding a bit of British spice to the show) and I didn’t mind him when he was resolved to destroy Hiro’s life (it’s not that I dislike Hiro but…well, I do understand where the guy was coming from. He had a broken heart!!) But now he’s manipulating Peter. No good. I can’t have that.

I do think they’re going to get rid of Elle …only because I don’t think KB signed on for too many episodes. That’s really a pisser. I might be in the minority, but I like Elle. Well, maybe I’m not in the minority on that, but my sister would have me believing so. She thinks I’m nuts to root for a baddie. But is she so bad? Really ?? I mean, HRG is not only a fave of mine , I’m pretty sure he’s a fan favorite. And his background is peppered with kills and kidnappings and assorted shady behavior. And is he bad? Oh, well, I’m not quite clear on that but I definitely love me some HRG. And so what if Elle is bad? She’s definitely got grounds (ie: her whackjob upbringing) to be a little bad.
Incidentally , it amused me how she pet and fussed over sweet Pete like he was her pet bunny. I would be tempted to do that too, were I lucky enough to have a captive Peter Petrelli of my own.
Last week, when HRG had Elle captive and was enlightening her on her childhood (how dear ol’ Dad permitted her to be a lab rat) I could almost see the seeds of mutiny being sewn. And then in this past episode, Bob/Dad was a TOTAL douchebag to her, so that probably helped said seeds sprout a little. So, at least if they’re going to off Elle, there’s a chance that she might go out whilest performing a grand act of rebellion. That’s good…if she **must** go…

1 comment:

Kara said...

I'm with you.. I heart Elle.. i'll be sad to see her go cause I agree she'll be one of the fallen :(. Right now i'm going with Elle and Maya to beat it..