Monday, November 19, 2007

I have a blue house with a blue windooowww..blue is the color of all that I wear

I have that little gem on my iPod (don't tell me you don't remember Blue) and this morning it came on and it just cracked me up. It doesn't usually send me into giggle fits (though I don't suppose I've heard it for years) but this a.m. (perhaps a side effect of sleep deprivation) it just struck me as hilarious that somebody put such lyrics to paper in earnest. And then was capable of performing it without laughing.


Don't get me wrong, I adore that song (probably more than I should, really..)

Speaking of irresistable songs that reduce one's IQ exponentially... one of my very first iTunes purchases was "Crank That" by Soulja Boy. I really tried to dislike this song on principle. First off, as I described it (after 1st hearing it) in a prev post-- it is a "litany of gibberish". I can barely make any sense of it, which is just as well because I sense that is pretty misogynist gibberish and just detrimental to society on multiple levels. However... I shall not lie... I really dig the song. I think it's the steel drums that enthrall me so. What's really surprising is that my sister likes the song. And so when it came on the radio on our way back from Burlington a few weekends back, we had a very interesting sing-along. Basically we just hollered "OHHH!" and "YOOOOOOOOU!" at what was approximately the right junctures in the song. Our friend Kristi seemed embarrassed for us (or herself maybe, I'm not certain, she's just lucky that the song came on whilest we were zipping down I89 and not while we were in downtown bumper to bumper traffic)
So anyways, not only do I love that song against my will but I extra-love that song on account of my now having a funny anecdote associated with it. Except it's one of those dreadful "guess-ya-had-to-be-there"funny anecdotes, which you can't rightfully categorize as a legit funny anecdote. So--addendum-- I happen to especially love "Crank That" because I have a fond memory associating said ditty. Better?

No comments: