Monday, November 12, 2007

low key dokey Smokey

Had a pretty chill weekend, and after the surprise parties and extensive shopping of the prior weekend, I think a chill weekend was most definitely in order.

Lemme see...I babysat the girls on Friday night while Laura, Greg & Seth took in the Div.III Championship football game in Brattleboro. Right after returning from the game, Greg headed off to camp so I spent all of Saturday and some of Sunday hanging with Laura & the kids. Not like she can't hack it solo...she does about 90% of the time. I just thought it'd be nice for her to have a bit of back up. Just a little bit. I mean, truthfully, I spent a goodly chunk of time on her computer ripping songs off CDs onto my iPod. I've gone from 165 songs to 1002 songs. And I did download 1 podcast (Flight of the Conchords)too! Ohhh, but there is still more to add...

Saturday we went shopping. I didn't do a lot of spending ...I had a ten dollar credit at Encore books and I grabbed 3 books that came to a total of $10.97. I opted to skip Kohl's and sit in the van with Lucy & Sadie. I found a box of face paint crayons in the van (Laura's sister-in-law had had her buy 'em & bring to the Fri night game) and doodled all over the girls' faces. Hey..I get bored waiting in the van! Laura didn't really care...I think she just appreciated the chance to shop without anyone whining and/or swiping things off the shelves. Later she bought me dinner at Gusanoz (mmmmm!! burritos) So I spent a grand total 97 cents this weekend. Ohhhh, if only I was always so thrifty!!

Yesterday I went for a pre-church walk w/ my sister & the 2 little muffins (the mini-muffins..as I sometimes call them). Laura --who is infamous for her speedwalking-- was actually keeping a reasonable pace because she was pushing the girls in a double stroller. Sadie is getting too old (and a bit too heavy) to be pushed around in that thing. I was musing during our walk... isn't it less work to pull something than it is to push it? And if so, why don't they make rickshaw style strollers?? But I digress. After church, I watched Greg cut the innards out of a deer (he got a 10pointer early Sun morning). Then after lunch, I went to my parents' house...took a long nap, cooked a cabbage and a butternut sqash.

And that was my weekend. Unbelievably thrilling, yes?

New Heroes on tonight. Y'know I don't know why everyone is so down on season 2. I am still utterly devoted to the show. OK, I concede that the inky eye twins from S America are a lame addition, and I am quite relieved that the 17th century storyline is at long last over, but there are lots of other things about the show that are great. I guess I'm saying the pros outweigh the cons...

No comments: