Thursday, November 29, 2007

And the chatting continued. . .

I should clarify a few points in this banter excerpt... firstly and foremostly the cat butt thing..

Early on in this installment, Robin makes inquiries regarding the temperature of a cat's butt. This, taken out of context, may make her appear to be some kind of hogger fetishist, and (contrary to what I assert later in the chat) she is NOT. The reason she says that is because I was chuckling over the notion of a cat named Keith. Keith is also the name of our resident IT guru, who one day sat in my chair as he worked on my PC and, it was this quick fix that took, like, 2 minutes and when I got back in my seat it was abnormally WARM. Like hunter's handwarmers warm. Shortly thereafter, via IM w/ Robin, I dubbed him Electric Blanket Pants (or EBP for short). Anyways we suspect this guy has an exceptionally exothermic ass. Hence her comment...

Then there's this bit where I go on a binge of writing C'MOOOOON in all caps. That's one of our idiotic inside jokes too. Whenever I am trying to persuade someone of something, but am not feeling up to exerting the wit or logic to persuade properly, I just start saying "Come ON" over and over, with different stresses and tones...in varying versions of my hack Tony Micelli-meets-Tony-Soprano voice. I'm all "Come aaaaahn! COME! ON!!! How 'bout now, am I right?" "COOOOME AAAAAHN. Aye! Oh! COME ON!" And the whole ritual amuses me to no end. Amuses me more than anyone else involved (this is how much of my humor works, actually)

All that "skidoo" related crap at the end there is because uncommon goods has these vintage slang flashcards that I am coveting real bad. And Heather was like "Vintage Slang? Whaddya mean?" And I was like "You know... slang terms like 'the bee's knees" or "22 Skidoo" or uhhh, '23 Skidoo'. Aww crap I can't remember..what's the expression? How many skidoos is it??" and Robin answered "22!" But soon after, Lisa very authoritatively put in "23!" And as she sounded so knowledgeable about it, and has nearly a decade on Robin, we took 23 to be the definitive answer.




No comments: