Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Link-o-rama

Sorry in advance for the lame-ass post I'm about to perpetrate, kids...

Here's a bunch of stops of interest in my own (FORBIDDEN) 'net meanderings...

This was my fave news item of the day. I can't imagine that's it's all that awesome being Caroline Kennedy, (what with all the dead family members) but learning this has to make it much, much better. I know I would be over the f-ing moon.

Some new trailers at Worst Previews that charmed me--

Made of Honor -- Romantic comedy w/ Patrick Dempsey & Michelle Monaghan. Well, it seems to be the usual formulaic pablum, but I'm generally game for a rom-com, provided the leads are likeable enough. Michelle Monaghan may have a wee residual bit of Tom Cruise taint on her (from MI 3) but she was fairly rad in the tremendously rad flick Kiss Kiss Bang Bang so I'm willing to overlook any of that aforesaid taint. I'm a Grey's Anatomy fan and everytime I see P-Demp outside the show, I think of what a swell fellah he is, how damned likeable and I marvel at how refreshing it is to see him doing something other than mooning over a character played by Squinty Pompeo (PARENTHETICAL COMMENTARY:she doesn't deserve him!! She is too damn angsty and it drags him down!) . It's SO refreshing. I breathe an actual sigh of refreshment. I am going to see Enchanted next Friday, by the way.

Oh...one last thing that cannot be left unsaid...that movie has fucking DWAYNE WAYNE in it. Dwayne Wayne is the cat's jammies (with or without the flip-up specs....well, more so with the specs, of course)

I am a sucker for a historical drama, and this looks like a damned sexy one. I'm no history scholar, but I'm pretty certain that Henry XVIII was not half so fine. Most artists' renderings have him looking like the Tudor dynasty's answer to Jabba the Hut. Eric Bana? MUCH easier on the eyes , thank you. I will probably aim to catch this one in the theater.


Strange Wilderness-- looks like a pretty doofy comedy. But I do want to see it.

There's ,like, this giant 5 min block of the preview where they're doing a stupid laugh over footage of a great white shark....if that's not actually in the movie I'm going to be pissed because that's 90% of why I wanna see this. It *&^%$ing cracked me up.

Well, also I love Steve Zahn, so that's a good reason to see it too. But, seriously, the laughing shark better be in there.


And finally I have a cover gallery for Sesame Street magazine. It's just an important resource to have at your disposal, and so I thought I would share it with y'all. I was perusing it the other day because I wanted to give my PC a nice Thanksgiving-themed makeover (I never found anything, btw) and I thought one of SS mag's November issues might be cute. No dice... out of 37 YEARS of covers there was only one that was at all Thanksgivingy ...but that one was from Nov 1991 and that was after the magazine's cover art had begun to suck. Well, to be totally accurate, it began to suck in Dec 1986 and got progressively suckier as we go through the 90s (with the notable exceptions of the July/Aug 1988 issue & Sept 1988 issue).

Oh, yeah, that's where I got that random "COME ALIVE WITH FIVE" image. That was my favorite November cover (but not all that Thanksgivingish, eh??)

No comments: