Thursday, September 27, 2007

kooky new addition to my Amazon wish list...

Having never seen an episode of Dark Shadows, I nonetheless find myself suddenly very intrigued by the show. I think it sprang up as an Amazon recommendation when I looked up American Gothic ...I LOOOVED that tragically short lived show and thought of it today because today happens to be the 49th birthday of one Mr. Shaun Cassidy--he of the Da-doo-ron-ron album with the ginormo head shot of him sporting a stupid visor (I hate visors) and also the producer of American Gothic. Oh fiiiiine...here is the visual aide goodness you're dyin' for...



Yep...we owned this. After hunting down the album cover image, yes, I do realize that that is NOT a horrible visor. In my mind's eye's misty memories it was a visor, but we learn that in real life it was not. But that is a queer looking cap there, no?? I remember kind of crushing over this album cover (when I was like, in kindnergarten, which is silly enough, I should've been ga-ga over that kid in E.T. or something. Yeah..Henry Thomas..not the gawky older brother... whatever happened to that dude anyways??) For the record...this is no longer twitterpation inducing to me. Dude is WAAAY too pretty. But I have digressed severely... back to Dark Shadows...

I read it was SC's b-day, thought of that great show he produced and went to put it on my Amazon wish list, after which, Amazon spit back Dark Shadows as a recommendation. So I read up on it a lot here and a li'l bit on Amazon. And then I was pretty quickly convinced that this was a show for me...much like that sudden fixation I had earlier this year with The Prisoner (also on my wish list) . I just thought it totally sounded (pardon the trite phrase) "right up my alley". I added "Dark Shadows: DVD Collection Vol 1" to the wish list and more and more volumes would spring up (which I would add to the wish list). So there are 26 Volumes. Seems like they could condense this somehow? Where's the damned box set??

Fittingly, it is storming pretty hellaciously outside (the right sort of atmospheric conditions for like, I dunno, a vampiric soap opera or somethin') . I started this post (this **BONUS** post) to kill time waiting for the T-storms to taper off before I made a dash for my vehicle. But--just my flippin' luck-- the weather seems to have intensified out there.

I would set up a cot and crash in me cubby, if it weren't for the season premiere of The Office tonight...

No comments: