Monday, September 24, 2007

she flies thru the air with the greatest of ease...

The dress I have on today totally looks like maternity wear. Don't get me wrong..I still adore it. The color is lovely --a very dark green-blue (using the Crayola rule here, wherein all hyphenated two color color names, the second color is predominant) and I also picked up a shirt of the same color so I have a neat monochromatic thing a-happenin'.It's a fine cord jumper- comes just to the knee, with big woody buttons at the straps and (*bonus*) pockets. But it's what is called "trapeze-cut" which is funny, because this is soo NOT the cut of attire that I would wear on a trapeze. Although, considering the fact that I haven't the upper arm strength to master the monkey bars, I don't think the what-to-wear-on-the-trapeze dilemma is truly apt to plague me. But I digress. I suppose they call it "trapeze" cut because of how it "swings away" from the body. In the case of this jumper, swings faaaar away. However, I don't think a size down would've fit up top (although, I confess, I didn't try on a different size) I should mention the deal -clincher detail here--that Old Navy had this frock marked down more than 50%. Because nobody was buying these bun-in-the-ovenizers?? Maybe. But I am a sucker for a bargain and I am in love with this color. I paired it with a denim jacket and scarf to sort of detract from any excessive trapeziness. Also, I'm hoping that any oglers opt to focus on my hot gams. "ZOINKS! That dame must be gestating QUINTS! But check those shapely stems..."

And my stems/ gams/leggies ARE looking mighty fine today- if I do say so myself. I love black tights. They let you flash some leg free from all worry about having pale, poultry-ish leg complexion and/or manstubble. Or so I've heard, I mean. MY legs are both perfectly smooth and nicely tanned at present...

No comments: